Author Topic: I should be dead chuffed, and I am but......(Windows Vista related)  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
....why does a new lappie take so much getting used to?

I upgraded last weekend and left OH to install all the things I need (he's the pro, so why bark myself?  ;)), it went "live" last night  :-\

It is a different brand to my previous two (Toshiba rather than Sony Viao) and it has Microsoft Vista as an OS - which I am really not keen on....will it grow on me?  :huh:  OH said he is really impressed with it - and he is not a Microsoft fan, so I know it must be good, but it is so weird compared with previous Windows  ;)

I haven't really found out what it can do yet - so if there are any Vista users who have found some snazzy functionality that you think might win me over......pleeese let me know  :D
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Re: I should be dead chuffed, and I am but......(Windows Vista related)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »
new laptop complete with Vista

i cannot find anything  >:(

things are not where they should be and it is doing my head in Rachel  >:(

i put in loads of pictures off the pc's/laptops i use and they are god knows where on here - i have found some but cannot get them to where i want them to be easily accessed, and as there are nearly a 1000 its an impossible task at the moment which i keep putting off.......

i try to uninstall a programme - took me ages finding where they were - only to be told i can't ?! and i can't figure out why, never had a problem before

should i go on??  >:(

me and Vista are so not compatible - it will be a very reluctant relationship on my part ......
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 07:16:11 PM »
I was horrified when the new computer in the Accounts department at the Rescue Society where I am Treasurer was installed with Vista - I couldn't do a thing with it at first and could be heard cursing loudly  >:D.  I only use it occasionally, but it's growing on me fast and I'm now whizzing around it without cursing  :005:.  It's quite logical when you get used to it, but I have yet to uncover any snazzy functionality as I only use it at weekends.  We have a Viao which I love.

Sue and Tilly

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 07:18:16 PM »
Glad I am not alone, Donna - maybe it has been designed for computer geeks like my OH in an attempt to gain their respect and get them to ditch Linyx   :blink:?

I will not be beaten........ ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 07:23:38 PM »
Rachel - I got a lap top wit vista on for Mother's day in March - Still learning and finding stuff  :005:

It would be easoer I am sure if i played around and looked as much as i log on to Col  :shades: but I use it mainly for email, COL and now my accounts programme which I'm still learning - have to ask OH how to clear my log and cookies etc as i can never find where the places are that i should go to  :shades:

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »
Can't really help, got new laptop a while back and with the deal got Vista free when it was launched, still not installed it though thank god! Heard nothing but problems! Also got Office 2007 which I'm still getting to grips with! One step at a time!  :005:

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 11:32:55 AM »
I've heard of a lot of programme compatability issues with Vista which is why I won't switch for at least another year. There was a big hoo-ha over a Newham Borough Council and Vista install too, they've put off installing it on 1500 computers because Microsoft haven't sorted out issues with it, they're holding off for another year according to Computer Weekly.