Author Topic: docx files  (Read 1091 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
docx files
« on: October 30, 2008, 10:14:55 PM »
A fellow COLer tried to send me docx files and I cant open them.  I have Open Office, so I'm just guessing that I'm not compatible! My pc says to create an association, but I can't work out how to do it  >:D. Any suggestions? I was wondering if the sender could save the document as a word doc and then send...but don't really have much of a clue! T hanks in anticipation....I really, really want to see these attachments!!!  (They weren't sent via COL btw..just personal e-mail)

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Re: docx files
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »
Isn't that normally a Microsoft Word document?  If you 'Save as' and Rich Text Format you should be able to open it with any word program.

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 09:16:34 AM »
I had this - someone sent me one and I downloaded a simple program which managed to open it for me.

Just google docx and you will find the sites that you can download what you need. :D
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I finally got it sorted by downloading a conversion programme off the internet as Jeeves suggested  ;)
r

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Funksmaname

• Site Member
    • Samba @ My Flickr Page
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »
docx is the new file format for newer versions of word - but you can tell whoever saved it to 'save as' and pic the older .doc extension :)
Old Samba's pics @ his Flickr and latest on my Flickr