Author Topic: Vista problem  (Read 1338 times)

Offline pamela

• Site Member
Vista problem
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:14:44 PM »
My laptop came with Vista Home Premium installed, but I still don't like it after 8mths, does anyone like it.?
 I keep getting messages saying known incompatability issues when I try to download files, and when I tried to install the service pack 1 it jiggered (technical term!) my laptop and I had to reboot and lost a load of stuff.
Has anyone else had these problems and how easy and how much work would it be to reinstall XP.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Vista problem
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »
It took me a long time to get used to Vista - but I wouldn't go back, now  ;) ;)

I don't download much off the web, so compatibility isn't a big issue - there are a few hiccups with older applications like my mobile phone software (no matter how hard I try, it will not synchronise dates  ::))

I do back up regularly, but touch wood, have not had to do a rebuild since I bought it  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 07:01:14 AM »
I abslutely loathe vista - my PC wasnt powerful enough to  cope with it and it made it run slower than ever. So when I bought my new PC I tried to get rid of it and it is a nightmare to do!!

Everything in the programming is designed to stop you being able to delete it - if you put in the XP discs to install it wont let you.

After a few days researching it, I found out the only way to do it is to partition the hard drive, install XP onto a different partitiion and set the pC to boot to that partition by default.

Then, hopefully you should be able to reformat the partition that contains vista.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »
We have Vista on all computers in the house....except one, which is an Apple.  Didn't like it to start with, but now find it a lot more user friendly than XP

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:49:54 PM »
I'm a big fan of Vista - I find it much quicker than XP :D
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline pamela

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 08:40:52 PM »
The IT guy that visits work advised me to leave Vista on my computer unless I knew what I was doing trying to uninstall it (and I don't!).
I've decided to swat up on Vista and try and make it work for me.
Thanks for help.

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 02:20:16 PM »
I had to down grade my lap top from vista due to incompatibilty problems with the stats packages I use.....when I say 'I' I really mean 'lovely IT lady in work'! it took her a few hours but she said it wasn't a problem really, if I had done it tho I wouldn't be typing this now  :005:

Maybe getting it done professionaly would be the best option?

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »
had it for a year now and still hate it - have so many probs ( never did with xp!! ) and so fed up of having to find codecs so i can use things i never had a prob with before !

Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi