Author Topic: I have 47 Trojans! - UPDATE! THEY HAVE GONE! HOORAY!!!!!  (Read 2795 times)

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
I have 47 Trojans! - UPDATE! THEY HAVE GONE! HOORAY!!!!!
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:34:06 AM »
Hi

I am not on my own PC as everytime I try to get into the internet - a window pops up and tells me that I have 47 Trojans and my computer is at risk and then it re-directs me to an American website where they tell me to buy software for $99 and asks me for all my details......

Needless to say I have not given them any details.

I have Norton and recently updated it as it only had 11 days to go and I wanted to be on the safe side.

But how do I get rid of the Trojans?

I keep saying to the doglets, 'Mummy has 47 Trojans, attack them!'....but they just look at me and walk away.......

HELP PLEASE!
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Re: I have 47 Trojans!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:41:32 AM »
Dont believe everything these pop ups tell you!!

Its is probably a trojan/spyware/malware/adware itslef!

DONT CLICK IT!!

Just do another scan with Norton to make sure you dont have any problems. If Norton says your comp is free of trojans etc - then it is!

These pop ups are made to trick you!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:45:42 AM »
thanks for that - I'll give it a go.   :-*

The most traumatic part is not being to access COL in my own house!!!!

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »
I know nothing about Computers, but we had a similar problem before christmas and my computer literate dad solved it, so I'll pass you to him.
This is probably a trojen called antivirus 2009 or one of it's varients. Because it looks like a genuine warning you can click on something to let it in, for instance their 'NO' buttons actually starts a download process. Norton or any of the major antivirus programs will help but not clear the problem completely. I used a program called 'Webroot spy sweeper' which is avalable on the net for about £25. This cleared out an amazing amount of trojans and adware that my McAfee antivirus program just didn't see. Best of luck.

xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline seaangler

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »
If you have the A.V.G free version Like so Meany do have....(If Not)..You can do a full system scan///After it has Finnish tick all the box's of your evil looking red Trojans and put then into your Quarantined box..This your computer will do for you.....Then run another scan just to make sure they are all Put to bed out of arms way...Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:14:30 PM »
I am sure you can set your Norton so that it blocks pop-ups.  I think we have this at home.

I am not surprised that Skye wouldn't attack them, but Ruaidh, surely she would give it a good go?  :005:
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »
Same thing on daughters computer - after doing umpteen AVG & Spyware scans was getting a bit narked really.

The ONLY thing that cleared it was a Malware scan - the link is on my home computer I will post it later.  

Offline seaangler

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 02:34:08 PM »
Hi again..Did you say as to what you have to protect your computer I.E Norton Bulldog Free A.V.G ECT...One thing is to make sure..If you are with A.V.G is that all your boxs are with a green tick and in a safe mode In not update A.S.A.P if not double click the icon that is in fault....Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline KarenB

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 06:11:08 PM »
Oh I wish I had read this a few days ago, I had the same problem and it wouldn't let me through to my e mail account, so very stupidly I gave my card details in to but this product called Antivirus 2009, my computer is running fine now, but does this mean I have been scammed. >:(

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 07:02:46 PM »
Oh I wish I had read this a few days ago, I had the same problem and it wouldn't let me through to my e mail account, so very stupidly I gave my card details in to but this product called Antivirus 2009, my computer is running fine now, but does this mean I have been scammed. >:(

yes Karen, sadly it sounds like you have  :-\  but have to say it did look quite convincing

Antivirus 2009 is the exact one that we had and we managed (eventually) to get rid of it using this Google this - Malwarebytes' Anti Malware - it is free and it works  :D

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »
Oh dear. I would cancel your card right away if I was you if they have now got your details!!

Offline KarenB

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »

yes Karen, sadly it sounds like you have  :-\  but have to say it did look quite convincing

Antivirus 2009 is the exact one that we had and we managed (eventually) to get rid of it using this Google this - Malwarebytes' Anti Malware - it is free and it works  :D

Thanks for that, have downloaded it and scan has removed it, will cancel my card first thing in the morning, can't believe I have fell prey to this, but it looked so convincing.

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 10:48:09 PM »

Wouldnt wait for the morning - there will be a number on the reverse of your card, or get your statement out - cancel it ASAP !!!! 

Thanks for that, have downloaded it and scan has removed it, will cancel my card first thing in the morning, can't believe I have fell prey to this, but it looked so convincing.

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »
I know!

It looks totally legitimate.  I am still having problems - but using this PC for now and will get it sorted out tonight.

Thanks so much for all your replies - I knew that COL was the place to come for help!  :-*

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 11:37:27 AM »
Hope you get it sorted. It took my dad quite a while and a few goes, so keep at it. It should clear eventually. These people should be  >:D>:D