Author Topic: Help! I am going to throw my pc out of the window in a minute!!  (Read 1002 times)

Offline magicflower

• Site Member
  • Ruby-doos!
Help! I am going to throw my pc out of the window in a minute!!
« on: February 15, 2009, 08:16:38 PM »
Hi! Haven't been on here for a while but have started having pc problems.

I bought a new mp3 player a while ago. My pc definately didn't like it and strange messages appeared saying things about generic hosts and the like.

I exchanged the mp3 player for a new one and unistalled the old one. The pc was quite happy with the new software but now my usb hub is not working. I can not use the printer or download pics from my camera or phone.

I have restarted the pc and reinstalled the printer but still nothing.....Grrrrr!! I hate computers!!

Any ideas? I think Windows has done something but I'm damned if I know what!!

Thanks!

Tracey

Tracey, Ruby and Boomer xx

QuietScribe

Re: Help! I am going to throw my pc out of the window in a minute!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 08:41:07 PM »
It might be that you damaged the usb port.  Some are quite flimsy.  Three out of the 6 on mine are dead now.

It is also possible that the drivers got messed up with the new software being added.  You could try and fix this by reinstalling the motherboard drivers, as these include the usb ports.  You should have a disc with them on it that came with your pc.  As a precaution, you might want to back up your files onto a cd first. I do this regularly just incase anything happens.

If none of the above work, and you are about to throw it out the window, never fear, you can always reformat the drive and have a clean slate, though this takes time and is annoying to have to do.