Author Topic: Webcams  (Read 1258 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Webcams
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:25:19 PM »
I thought that I would quite like to know what my lot do while I'm at work, do they sleep or bark every 10 minutes. :huh:

I've got the laptop and a webcam, can I set these up to watch and listen to them and how do I record it?  ph34r

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

QuietScribe

Re: Webcams
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:50:50 PM »
You can, though I think it depends on the software you have for it.  I had a logitec webcam that came with software that had a motion detecting recording sort of thing, so it only records when there is movement.  Handy for the hours they might spend asleep.

However I found a tutorial that might work for you:
http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/09/27/how-to-use-your-pc-and-webcam-as-a-motion-detecting-and-recording-security-camera/#how

Offline seaangler

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:23 PM »
As to the post above..You can set it up to take pictures(every few seconds) with the software that comes with the logitec webcam...Just remember if you have your computer set to to go into sleep mode or screen server to disable it...Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:24 PM »
A good few years ago now,  Gilly set up a webcam to watch Buttons.  We all used to log in and watch what Buttons was doing, which was sleeping mostly  :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

QuietScribe

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:59:09 PM »
Or you could set it up to load it onto your website if you have one.. then you can watch your puppy online anytime anywhere!   ph34r :005:

Offline seaangler

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »
Just do a google and type in on (how to set up a webb cam)...There loads in there to chose from..Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 10:54:04 PM »
Thanks all - will have a look at the webcam software to start with and go from there   ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
Thanks all - will have a look at the webcam software to start with and go from there   ;)

Then can you set it up so we can all watch  :005:

ETA - Just been looking at the Hope Auction, Jenny, and they have a weeks holiday on the Kingston Estate, South Hams - looks lovely.

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx