Author Topic: Skype questions  (Read 2912 times)

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
Re: Skype questions
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 06:01:58 AM »
You'll need either a headset with mic or a seperate mic for voice chatting. If you want to be able to see each other as well then you'll need a webcam. I'm not sure but I think some webcams have a built-in mic.

Offline lilylulu

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 09:58:17 AM »
If you are on Facebook you can do video calling through chat. Go to chat and look at the little video icon, That is through Skype and simple to use.

Offline seaangler

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 10:05:05 AM »
elaine.e

What you are looking for on your P.C is a pink hole in your computer that is for your Mike and the green hole is for your ear phones....You will be able to do a test on your computer on Speak...(all computers has it even lap tops)...Some times on the front of a tower or at the back..Normally has an enbost picture of a mike and of the head phone on the side of it..

Also the web cam also has a built in mike(far easy-er to use as the soft ware that come with is easy to set up)....Have a nice day..Chris

If you have a lap top the web cam lens(if it has one) should Be starring you in the face as you lift the lid up :D In the middle at the top edge of the sreen

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 10:13:35 AM »
Are you using a laptop or desktop PC?

Most laptops have a built in webcam and mike, but desktops don't as a rule.  I have a cheap Tecknika web cam cum microphone for my desktop.  Got this from Tesco for about £14.00.

If you need a webcam they are easy to set up.  Just plug it into a spare USB socket and Windows will find it and install it. Make sure you buy one with a built in mike.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »
More helpful posts. Thankyou :D

I'm not on Facebook lilylulu, but maybe it's time I joined.

Chris and Robbie, my computer is a desktop, several years old. I've located where to plug in a microphone and headset (thanks Chris) so now I'm waiting for an email from OH to let me know if his laptop has a built in webcam and mike, so I can make a decision on buying either a webcam with a mike or a mike and headset.

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
I bought one of these from Tesco.  http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-3259.aspx  I see they have come down in price.

You just plug this into a USB port and that's it.  Windows will install the software.  If you have a problem there is a CD with it.

Offline seaangler

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 10:40:47 PM »

Chris and Robbie, my computer is a desktop, several years old. I've located where to plug in a microphone and headset (thanks Chris) so now I'm waiting for an email from OH to let me know if his laptop has a built in webcam and mike, so I can make a decision on buying either a webcam with a mike or a mike and headset.

Most webb cams will fit on top lap top...You will find they have a gadget that will fit on top the lap top in the package....

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 08:58:53 AM »

Most webb cams will fit on top lap top...You will find they have a gadget that will fit on top the lap top in the package....

Thanks Chris :D

OH emailed to say that internet speed in Juba is too slow to support a webcam, so I've ordered a headset with microphone from Amazon. I've been married to him for 31 years so I don't really need to look at him :005:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »
I use skype and got a headset for a fiver from asda which works well
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline seaangler

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
Quote... I've been married to him for 31 years so I don't really need to look at him ..

That will never get back :D ;)

Gemma..Cindy And peggy