Author Topic: Anyone got a prob with Photobucket?  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: Anyone got a prob with Photobucket?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »
Oh dear, no success with ImageShack either.   >:D >:D

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »
Not to worry, its probably something wrong with my laptop.  I'll have a look at Image Shack.

Not sure that its your laptop because Im having problems aswell, can get logged into my account but cant do anything after that. (Been like this since yesterday) still same today
Im really upset about it because its Ollis birthday today and Diesels birthday on Thursday and I wanted to post some pics  :'(

Awww what a shame.  Happy Birthday to Ollie.  If only it was possible to upload pictures straight from your pc onto a forum instead of relyiing on a host site.

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »
For those having trouble, which browser are you using?  Have you tried a different browser and/or clearing out your temporary files for the browser?

I haven't used photobucket for a while so I've just tried uploading one photo in IE9 and one in Opera 12, the one in Opera12 stopped at 94% when uploading for around 30 seconds but resumed ok and uploaded fine, the upload in IE9 went without issue.  I've just tried clicking the img code and that pasted fine as well.  It may be they've changed some code so it's ok for me because I'm going to it for the first time whereas if you've used the site previously it will have saved some of it offline to improve speed which can cause issues.  Alternatively it could well be they're having intermittent issues with the site.

Test image:

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 09:03:47 AM »
I always have a problem with Photobucket if I use Explorer  >:( >:(, but if I use Mozilla Firefox its absolutely fine.  So I definately agree with
JohnMcL7 and try a different browser.  ;)
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »
I use the mobile app and have no probs but out of curiosity I just logged into the main site and I can't do anything other than look at the pictures already there either. No upload option to be seen. Seems like they. Have forgotten that no everyone uses a phone or a tablet!

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »
I think they've moved the upload option as it's not where I thought it used to be, it's showing fine in all the desktop browsers I've used:

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »
Good to know where it should be but definitely not there in safari on an iPad. Weird!

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
It's not just the upload button that is missing in the screenshot, most of the album options are missing as well. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, I'll check to see what I get if identify as an ipad.

Edit - Definitely a problem with the Ipad agent identification, when opening Photobucket identifying my machine as an Ipad I also lose all the options including upload the same as your screenshot:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »
There's an app for photobucket with the ipad :D. All working fine here x

Edit, ignore this, sorry just retread your post....

x In memory of Barney x

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »
There's an app for photobucket with the ipad :D. All working fine here x

Edit, ignore this, sorry just retread your post....

That may be why they're disabling upload access in the browser if they think you're using an ipad as they expect you to use the application. I'm not seeing the same issue occur with any desktop user identifications, the upload button shows fine.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
John
The green upload button you have circled in your picture, I have that and can click on it.  Usually that would take me to the "upload pictures and videos" button but it's this button that has disappeared.

I'm using Firefox after issues with IE9 (which I can't seem to open anymore.  Also I can't install "Windows Live Messenger 2011" updates for some reason which has thrown my email facility, windows movie maker etc.  I've obviously got a prob with my computer but Photobucket could have a prob as well.  Don't know where to begin to put matters right.  Got a prob with Youtube as well.  When I click to watch a vid, I just get a black screen and nothing happens  :'(

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
Managed to change over to IE9 (again) and I can upload from Photobucket and watch Youtube videos.  I wonder what's happened to Firefox then  :huh: :huh: :huh:

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »
It's all very strange  :dunno: :dunno:  It's the opposite way round for me,I can't upload with Explorer but can with Firefox  :doh:
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
It's all very strange  :dunno: :dunno:  It's the opposite way round for me,I can't upload with Explorer but can with Firefox  :doh:

:huh: :huh: :huh:  how weird is that.  I was just contemplating getting a new laptop and throwing this one up the wall   >:(   but it's only 2 years old  :o