Author Topic: Question about google  (Read 1727 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Question about google
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »
When I do a google search and press enter the page that then appears always used to have the option to click on a notice on the left hand side to restrict the search to the UK only. That disappeared a couple of days ago and now when I do a search I'm getting pages from the USA, Australia, Ireland and the rest of the world as well as the UK.

Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know what I can do to solve it please?

Offline jen1876

Re: Question about google
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
If you click on advanced search at the bottom of your results screen it gives you the option torestrict what region you are searching in. Don't know where the other button went though!!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 11:41:36 AM »
If you click on advanced search at the bottom of your results screen it gives you the option torestrict what region you are searching in. Don't know where the other button went though!!

Thanks :D. I've done that and done a couple of searches and it's just giving me UK pages now.

Offline jen1876

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
Glad it worked  :D
My left hand button has disappeared too so they must have changed something...bit of a pain having to do it that way but at least you won't get sites from all over the world to search through  :005:

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 12:10:05 PM »
When I do a google search and press enter the page that then appears always used to have the option to click on a notice on the left hand side to restrict the search to the UK only. That disappeared a couple of days ago and now when I do a search I'm getting pages from the USA, Australia, Ireland and the rest of the world as well as the UK.

Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know what I can do to solve it please?

Mine did that as well, really annoying
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
Good to know. Glad you got it sorted. Slightly off topic but if you need to look for something in a particular country then use the county's own google page rather than google.com or google.co.uk. I remember when I was planning a trip to New Zealand a few years ago that using google.nz was invaluable for finding information.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »
Aah the appliance of science - don't you just love it when things change for no apparent reason :shades:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
I found this too. It seems the options have moved to the top now instead. If you click on "search tools", it should bring up the old UK only option.