Author Topic: Welcome Harley  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Lucy and Denzel

• Site Member
Welcome Harley
« on: November 16, 2020, 05:49:29 PM »
Well it looks like we’ve been adopted by another Spaniel.

This is Harley who we picked up yesterday, he’s a 4 year old ball obsessed nutter who looks like Mick Hucknall on a bad hair day!

He does look as if there’s a bit or Working Spaniel or possibly Sproker in there although it’s difficult to see at the moment because his fur is kept quite short, his previous owner sent us a few photos showing off his curly coat and he looks like a typical Cocker but he has a few food allergies that bring on eczema and it’s easier to treat if his fur is short.
I remember when we first got Denzel his coat was very short and without the curls he looked almost like a small black Lab.

It was Harley’s first night last night and he was extremely anxious and didn’t settle until gone 1am but we’ve had a full on day with him today, an hour and a half run in the park with plenty of fetch, a long walk into town with lots of new smells and seagulls to chase then popped down the road to the beach where he drank several pints of English Channel and then threw it all up in the car on the way back!
My wife and I are both whacked but Harley is still wanting us to throw a tennis ball in the garden!

I’m setting up Harley with his own Instagram account as promised to his last owners two boys who are heartbroken they’ve had to say goodbye to him. He’s had plenty of snaps taken today and I’ll get that sorted for them tomorrow.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Welcome Harley
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 07:08:50 PM »
 :luv: oh what a character! Welcome Harley, you look as if your going to keep us all entertained! Looking forward to updates, LOVE the hair do!!  :luv:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 08:37:45 PM »
Congratulations, Harley is gorgeous  :luv:

Hope he settles down soon - it will take him a few weeks to relax.

Lots of fun and chaos to come  :lol2:
Julie and Watson

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 09:43:00 AM »
Harley is a very handsome boy and I'm sure he will settle soon.

Get some rest yourself....me thinks you'll need it :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Lucy and Denzel

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 02:09:48 PM »
He’s adorable alright but we are definitely going to have to do something about the ball obsession! >:D
We’re trying to ignore him and even pretending to be asleep but he’ll just place the ball next to my head or as close to my face as he can to gain some reaction. We were aware about his obsession and it doesn’t have to be a ball, it can be the Kong or tug toy but we’re assuming his anxiety is fuelling it somewhat.
Looks like we’ve got a bit of a job on our hands.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 08:05:22 PM »
Oh my lordy, that top knot!  :luv:  :luv: :luv: Harley is a looker indeed.  It will take a wee bit of time to settle, it's a big change for him. Hopefully he will be a bit less busy in a few weeks when he starts to feel more at home. Delighted for you.