Author Topic: best thingy for the job  (Read 6099 times)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
best thingy for the job
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »
OH wants to get a tablet (10inch) to down load music and then blue tooth it to a speaker.
 Any advice on a device or what memory! and storage ! will be best / efficient.  ie 1gb or 2 or more,    16,32 or 64 storage   windows or android   
willing to go to £200 ish  OR LESS  ph34r

thanks
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: best thingy for the job
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:16:53 PM »
thanks, am a bit wiser and surprised at the figures
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 01:49:02 AM »
Did you find a suitable tablet?

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »
Did you find a suitable tablet?

a galaxy tab e.  and a heos speaker. but now we find that if we do not subscribe to spotify we not only lose our playlists but heos will not work ( must subscribe to spotify premium it says) (which has happened) OH about to chuck to whole lot out the window. 
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 12:19:50 AM »
I assume this is the HEOS speaker by Denon?  If so, it should work with a variety of sources including music stored on the tablet not just Spotify Premium.  The only issue is it looks like that tablet by default only has 8GB of storage so if you want to go this route you'll need to buy a micro SD card for the tablet, 32GB storage would be under a tenner although if you have a particularly large music collection or you'd like store videos on the tablet as well a 64GB card is only around £15.

John

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »
I assume this is the HEOS speaker by Denon?  If so, it should work with a variety of sources including music stored on the tablet not just Spotify Premium.  The only issue is it looks like that tablet by default only has 8GB of storage so if you want to go this route you'll need to buy a micro SD card for the tablet, 32GB storage would be under a tenner although if you have a particularly large music collection or you'd like store videos on the tablet as well a 64GB card is only around £15.

John

thanks for that esp about the micro card.  In idiot form please, how do you save to your tablet and not the spotify library and where do we get the music from in order to save it   Cheers  my hero  :003:
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 01:14:19 AM »
Do you have an existing mp3 collection on your PC or is your only music source Spotify?

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 04:24:44 PM »
do not have a mp3 collection( dont know what one is). as for music source spotify is the only one we know about, We can access others via play shop if one was recommended.  We are on a 30 day spotify premium trial so plenty of time to experiment   
2011 - 2023 

----