Author Topic: DLSR camera and separate camcorder?  (Read 2394 times)

Offline abkb

• Donator
DLSR camera and separate camcorder?
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:47:07 AM »
I understand that some DSLR cameras also have the ability to take video clips.  Is it best to get a separate DSLR camera and camcorder (I intend to use video quite a bit) or is there a DSLR camera out there that also takes good enough video clips for me not to need a camcorder?

Any advice would be much apprecaited!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline jobartlett

• Donator
  • Enzo Benzo.....aka wigglebum
Re: DLSR camera and separate camcorder?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 12:24:51 PM »
Yes - the DSLR is heavy esp when you interchange the lenses.  a separate camcorder will be lighter and smaller but just as good and have just as much optical zoom as a dslr

Offline abkb

• Donator
Re: DLSR camera and separate camcorder?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »
Yes - the DSLR is heavy esp when you interchange the lenses.  a separate camcorder will be lighter and smaller but just as good and have just as much optical zoom as a dslr

Thankyou!  I forgot how heavy DSLR's actually are, will start looking into camcorders too (and steal Oh's credit card)!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013