Author Topic: Probotics  (Read 1004 times)

Offline DaveH

Probotics
« on: January 19, 2021, 11:11:45 AM »
My pup has the squits for a couple of days now ( she is 4 months old) and the vet is talking about giving her probotics. Has anyone used these before?

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Probotics
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 01:37:22 PM »
Yes my vet gave us some when Humphrey was very small and it did do the trick. When he was still on dried food I used to mix a bit of plain yoghurt in with his food as well, helps to keep the intestinal flora balanced! Did the vet have any idea of the cause?

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 08:40:21 PM »
Absolutely, and a few other times since, usually do the trick.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 07:39:27 AM »
Yep been there too, def worth giving some yoghurt  :D

Hope she improves real quick  :luv:

Offline DaveH

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »
She tends to get 2 or 3 days of it then back to normal then again. Mind you she picks up so much odd stuff off the ground as we live right out in the countryside from old chestnuts to acorns and stick , feathers you name it. Not surprising really but i have heard a dessert spoon now and again helps

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 07:42:47 PM »
What are you feeding?

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 05:42:38 PM »
Probiotics are brilliant. Probiotics and a few days with a diet specifically made for troubled stomachs (both can be purchased from vet office), can save you a consultation with the vet in man cases. Just be sure to gradually swap back to normal food over several days when the stomach is stable. And remember that puppies should not go many days with diarrhoea before you seek medical advice, they get dehydrated easily when they are little. And remember to make sure appropriate vaccinations and deworming has been given as well as a suitable diet for that age.