Author Topic: scruffy pup  (Read 1195 times)

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
scruffy pup
« on: February 05, 2004, 10:17:07 PM »
Hi there. Just a quickie - Pickle is almost impossible to brush, and seems to love being a scruff. He goes mad when he sees his brush, biting, growling and backing away quickly. He then throws himself at me if I try to brush his ears. The only way I can brush him is if I give him something to lick (a yoghurt or something) but even at that, he sidesteps as much as possible. Putting him on the lead just makes him struggle and growl even more. Help! I don't want to have a scruffy pup any more!
I am trying to brush him every day - even just for 2 minutes, but he seems to be getting worse rather than better.
Any advice gratefully received.
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
scruffy pup
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 10:21:50 PM »
This ones easy :D  Put him on to a table(with a non-slip mat for him to stand on). That was the advice given to me when I had problems with Vegas as a pup. They tend to behave a little better when they are up off the floor and you have more control too. Carry on just doing short sessions which you can gradually increase and remember to reward good behaviour.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
scruffy pup
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 10:25:48 PM »
Thanks Gill, I'm off to stick the bathmat to my dining table to see how he likes it! I'll let you know how it goes! Cheers, E and P xx