Author Topic: Worm Tablet  (Read 495 times)

Offline mel1961red

• Bailey
Worm Tablet
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »
Hi I wormed my Dog Bailey today who is 5 Months old he just ate the tablet Drontal I think from the vets, after about 5 hours we took him out and he was very sick about three times perfectly OK in him self but we had also been out in the garden cutting down shrubs etc which he thought was great so may have eaten something  nasty that we didn't notice hes fine today but now I'm wondering whether he will have the effects of the worming tablet or will he need to be done again any one advise please?

Offline Albert Tatlock

• Site Member
  • Ttthhhrrrrrrppppp!
Re: Worm Tablet
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:39 PM »
I had actually given up worming Cooper cos he kept throwing up after tablets (so whats the point, is he wormed or not was my thoughts) & is not much of a scavenger so just kept an eye on "things"  ph34r At his last booster the vet asked about worming & I explained why gave up (am sure was drontal I was giving Cooper)anyway vet gave me milbemax & Cooper was fine so I'd suggest trying that.  Now I know Cooper doesnt just chuck it back up am going to stick to that!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:49:14 PM »
None of mine have ever been able to cope with Drontal. They would eat the tablet, but throw up a few hours later, so I stopped using it and now use either Panacur Granules or Milbemax with no problems.

It's probably worth phoning your vet tomorrow and explaining the circumstances and get advice if it's OK to use a different wormer so soon after the Drontal. My 4 month old puppy is fine on Milbemax.

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 12:03:30 AM »
my two are fine on Drontal....but think like us hoomans each to there own some meds don't agree with us as individuals, if you find something that works stick with it
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie