Author Topic: suggestion - new forum folder - Days Out and Walks  (Read 1252 times)

Offline flashpanther

• Site Member
suggestion - new forum folder - Days Out and Walks
« on: July 08, 2007, 07:23:57 PM »
Suggestion for a new forum folder. Along the lines of Days Out and Walks.
It would be great for other users to share great days out to take the dog and great places & routes for dog walks.

I had a great time in the Peak district for a week with my Dog and found some great 10 mile circular walks.

I'm looking for more of the same and also Beach walks at present.

A Days Out & Walks section would really be a great idea in my opinion.
As would maybe a dog friendly section for listing the likes of pubs that allow dogs in & reviews.

This would certainly be heavily used by myself and sure it would generate a big interest with current forum member and indeed attract many new ones.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

PS> sorry if posted in the wrong place.

Cazzie

Re: suggestion - new forum folder - Days Out and Walks
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 07:28:33 PM »
Have you seen the meet up section is this what you are meaning?  :D

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 07:30:19 PM »
It's covered in the "Reviews" section  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline flashpanther

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 07:57:29 PM »
Cazzie : No not the meet ups section. thanks anyway.

Elisa : ah yes i see alittle in a reviews section now. But not very well categorised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have thought Days Out & walks would deserve its own category so it is clearer to find.

Reviews is such a general word I would be suprised alot of other people would miss it and once there it is murder to sort out between the different subjects.

Was a suggestion I thought I would put forward anyway and still would like to see a Days Out & walks section myself :blink:

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 08:10:33 PM »
Cazzie : No not the meet ups section. thanks anyway.

Elisa : ah yes i see alittle in a reviews section now. But not very well categorised.

In your opinion  - but it's worked very well up to now. Meet ups are published and members choose to take part if they want. They then choose to post relevant photos in the photo's section too. Members post their personal reviews of places they've been with dogs and without. It works.

I'm not dismissing your idea, far from it, but you might want to just see how it all works after having been with us for a while;)
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline flashpanther

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 08:36:20 PM »
Huh?!?!? It was a suggestion for a separate folder where people can posts topics on good places to take a dog for a day out and of course great walks.

To have one reviews section is to me 'a new member' very hard to sort through to find say a review on a pub or a recommended walk for my area. Everything is thrown in there and hard to navigate to what you want. If i was new and here to look solely for good walks then I doubt I'd easily come across the reviews section or find what i want. So I would hardly stick around for a while.

Not talking meet ups here. Not talking about arranging days out with other members. Meet up folder is great for that. Talking about sharing information on great days out and walks for our Cocker spaniels to give other ideas on places to take their dogs.

If someone was looking for this on this forum after browsing from a web search... They certainly ain't gonna find it at the moment. Talking from Experience. So they would hardly stick around to work out the forum when an essential subject such as 'walks' and 'days out' is hidden under a very general heading.

I have added my suggestion anyway and talked from experience as a new user. I wouldn't say it was an opinion to improve the forum as I am not a regular and don't know the forum well enough to have an opinion  :005: I talk as experience of a new user navigating for a big topic that simply isn't easy to find or navigate through for what one wants. Only trying to help.

Slightly off topic comment: As a new member I must say a few regulars very patronising comments are also very off putting and I am sure they scare allot of new users away. I have even been told of this fact via a private message from another regular poster here who calls them the COL police  :005: I'm new and add a suggestion from my experience and introduce myself here and already patronsing comments are being thrown about where I have posted. It can only be detrimental to this web forum.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 08:44:27 PM »
Flashpanther, this forum covers a huge range of different subjects and we cannot create a category to cater for everyone's particular interest. As it is, your suggestion has not been dismissed out of hand but we're not going to say yes to every suggestion without thinking about it carefully first and sadly your rather hostile attitude is not doing a lot for your cause. I'm going to close this thread and suggest you contact Admin or any of the Mod team privately if you wish to discuss this further.
Jane