Author Topic: help! Overnight mess  (Read 343 times)

Offline helenb14

• Donator
  • Seve
help! Overnight mess
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
Hi, I have browsed for a while but now hoping for some advice, Seve my 18 month old golden boy has been a great puppy, never messing at night and dry very quickly. However.........I have come down on a few occasions over the past few weeks to some rather unwelcome 'presents'. He has not been crated for some time, and he seemed happier 'free range'. his diet/routine has not changed.He is prone to eating whatever he can find on walks. A cocker thing it seems.
I seem to remember others have had this problem but can't find the info, any suggestions welcome.
Helen

Offline penguins87

• My Girls- Beau,Lottie and Dora
Re: help! Overnight mess
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:33:45 AM »
We have had this problem too with our lottie over the last month she is just three.  Not sure it's the rabbit poo she eats while out . It seems to be a bit more plentiful of late.

We are trying to move dinner a little earlier by 10 minutes a day and take her out 10. Minutes later at night until we can redress the balance .

;)

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his
life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the
last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such
devotion."
--Unknown

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
Re: help! Overnight mess
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:37:46 AM »
I wonder if the cold has anything to do with it as in the colder weather my two vboth wake up earlier wanting out for the toilet - I wouldnt mind but it is usuall only 1/2 hour before the alarm...  I now feed them 1/2 hour later and am trying to take them for a wee trot round before bed instead fo their usual potter in the garden to see if that makes a difference
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce