Author Topic: Choko Coco  (Read 1999 times)

Offline caroljay

• Site Member
Choko Coco
« on: November 04, 2003, 04:46:43 PM »
:'(

Hi Folks

Cj again , well today I have never felt so bad or sick in all my days . As I said we were having some problems with Coco , he was aggressive and always growling and going for us indead he broke skin twice on both me and my partner .

So we took him Obedience classes - no that didn't work , we took him 1 to 1 lessons - no that didn't work . We got a pet therapist in and we have a list of 15 things to do with him .

He is juvinile for his age , has aggressive possession disorder and is hyper .

Although he does have is great points . I was informed by everyone - to get him castrated . Well today I took him , Haven't picked him up yet but I've  wept all day . To see his face sort of saying '' why can't I come home with ''has really hurt .

I feel such a bad owner , but I'm so afraid he bites someone else . He constantly humps things including the bar - b - q and the cusions off the sofa , and then he gets more aggressive . He even pee'd over a mate we had over last week .

I only hope this doesn't change his personality as when he is good he is brilliant but when he's bad he's Coco .

CJ  :'( :'( :'( :'(                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Choko Coco
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 04:56:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about the problems you are having - unfortunately this is sometimes the risk you take when taking on an older dog as I imagine these problems existed with Coco's previous owners but I don't suppose you were told about them :( Castration may help with the humping behaviour but any changes won't happen overnight as it can take months for the male hormones to leave the system. Castration generally only improves behaviour related to the male hormones - it's unlikely to have any affect on the biting behaviour Coco sometimes indulges in.

Hope things get better for you. Coco will recover from his op pretty quickly but homeopathic Arnica may help ease any soreness & bruising plus you'll need to keep a close eye on the stitches to make sure he doesn't pull them out ;)                    
Jane

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Choko Coco
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 11:59:51 PM »
Hi CJ

You are certainly NOT a bad owner!!  You are doing everything within your power to try and help Coco overcome his problems.  It must be very frustrating for you, but take on the advise of your pet therapist and work with them, it may take some time, but you never know you might get some results :)  

It has always been a fear of mine and I am sure all the other dog owners in the country, so I can understand how you are feeling.  Hope Coco is feeling better now he is back at home :D  I hope you see some improvements with him soon :)

Take care

Emma and Indie                    

Offline PennyB

Choko Coco
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 10:01:10 PM »
:'(

So we took him Obedience classes - no that didn't work , we took him 1 to 1 lessons - no that didn't work . We got a pet therapist in and we have a list of 15 things to do with him .

CJ  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Problem is these things do take time and even a week with a badly behaved dog seems like forever sometimes. Stick with any outside help you can get and eventually you'll get some rewards.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!