Author Topic: Smiling Tia  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Smiling Tia
« on: December 15, 2003, 01:36:29 AM »
Hi,
We've now had our rescue girlie for over 3 weeks now, and thought I'd seen all her funny little habits, but she smiled at me today.....
She somehow dropped her bottom lip and showed her bottom teeth. She'd not seen me for a while as she'd been with the kids, and was REALLY pleased to see me, and did this 'smile'. She did it again a couple of times later when REALLY enjoying a fuss. The cocker we looked after in the summer used to get growl-y on occasions when really pleased (as if it was just too much to cope with), and I wondered if this was the same sort of thing.
Should I be wary?                    
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Smiling Tia
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 05:12:53 PM »
I shouldn't worry about this Mary, I think its her way of showing excitement. I have seen Flatcoats and a Yorkshire Terrier do this too and it was always when they were pleased to see you.
Something ticking away in the back of my mind also tells me that I read somewhere that it is a submissive gesture. I'm sure one of the others will be along to confirm or put right my thoughts  :lol:                    

Offline PennyB

Smiling Tia
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 05:15:45 PM »
Mine do it when they're excited, but it doesn't lead to anything else.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Smiling Tia
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 12:26:19 AM »
Thanks, I feel reassured. I didn't think she meant any harm, but the first cocker has made me a little wary.
Happy Christmas!                    
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!