Author Topic: Bite without warning(up date)  (Read 5213 times)

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
Re: Bite without warning
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 10:25:36 PM »
Sending lots of positive thoughts to Daisy and family. :-*
From the Darby family

Offline Lynne L

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 10:56:43 PM »
Me too - must be very upsetting  - hope more positive news after behaviourists input.
Best wishes
Lynne :luv:

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 11:01:44 PM »
Hoping Daisy and her family and the behaviourist can help sort out this awful situation to everyones satisfaction. Hope the meds work too.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline mofi

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 09:40:19 AM »
Wishing you lots of love and positive thoughts.  I know how stressful it can be, looks like you have a good Vet and Behaviourist on your side so I hope you get all the support you need.   :luv: ;)
Lottie 05.07.09
Riley 23.10.10

Offline sarita

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 09:52:34 AM »
I am sending you all my love and positive thoughts. I hope this little one will come right for you. I know how desperate you must feel.
Sarita & Tafi

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 11:16:20 AM »
So glad to hear that the reason behind daisy's out bursts has been found and that you are working hard with her along with a behaviourist.  It's not going to be an easy ride I am sure, so loads of positive thoughts from here and hope the bites were not too bad  :luv: :-*

Take care and good luck thinking of you  :luv:

Offline LindyLou

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 11:51:34 AM »
Sending you all our cyber support and hugs!

Difficult time for you, but with your determination and love of Daisy, I hope you see some improvement very soon and she can relax and be happy again!

Linda and Baxter
X
Linda & Baxter

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Bite without warning(up date)
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »
Anne has asked me to thank everyone for their support, both her and her OH really appreciate it :luv:. She has told me that Daisy has not been spayed so I guess that could be a factor? She will be phoning the vet at the start of the week to ask if Daisy had a complete screening of her thyroid function when she was checked over.....
Thank you everyone, I hope it is some comfort to Anne to know she has our support :luv: :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »
Just seen this. I hope little Daisy can be helped, positive thoughts from me too. :-*
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »
Anne has asked me to thank everyone for their support, both her and her OH really appreciate it :luv:. She has told me that Daisy has not been spayed so I guess that could be a factor? She will be phoning the vet at the start of the week to ask if Daisy had a complete screening of her thyroid function when she was checked over.....
Thank you everyone, I hope it is some comfort to Anne to know she has our support :luv: :luv:

Just my opinion but i don't think that spaying Daisy at this moment in time will help the situation.  :huh:  Please pass on to Ann that i am keeping fingers crossed that with all the help/advice she receives, that Daisy improves.  :luv:

I also think she should tell the breeder about the situation, as it is possible for behaviour issue's to be 'passed down the line', even from previous generations i.e grandparents etc...  I am not saying this is the case with Daisy but the breeder should be told.

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »
Just my opinion but i don't think that spaying Daisy at this moment in time will help the situation.  :huh: 

Sorry I didn't write that very clearly ph34r. I meant that she's not been spayed so may be about to come into season, I know that this can cause drastic changes in a dog's behaviour?

x In memory of Barney x

Offline mary w

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 01:40:41 PM »
Hugs :luv: :luv:
Love machine

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 02:18:32 PM »
Hi, Anne tried to post on here but things went a bit wrong, here's what she wrote in case anyone missed it:

Hello this is daisy do's mum many thanks to everone for your support things are still pretty bad  here I do not know how this story will end she bit my O.H.bad yesterday. She has not been spayed because we have to wait until 3 mths after her first season and that will be sept and I am worried it will make her worse even me just loosing my balance and just catching her paw not even treading on it made her angry and go to bite me no growl or curl of mouth just full on BITE I have children about sometimes and this whole situation is really upsetting me I am grateful to Jenny bee she has been wonderful as I have been messageing her  and as you probably know Gordo and I are trying to cope with the same problems I hope Lily having her tooth out solves her problem.

I can not believe such beautiful little dog that I love so much can cause so much heartache we will see what tomorrow brings .

Thankyou everyone

Anne xx :'(

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 04:02:46 PM »
She has my number if she wants to use it ;)

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline mum2milly

• Inactive
  • Jumbi Speed Queen, "Milly" xx
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 08:04:54 PM »
Just read the full post. Sending hugs & positive thoughts for a good outcome with Daisy.

Jo & Milly xx