Author Topic: My Beloved Harvey  (Read 724 times)

Offline AndyB

• Donator
My Beloved Harvey
« on: January 26, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »
  :'(

Eight years since we lost our beloved boy.  Little did we know what heartbreak that day would bring.  We took you to the vet with what we thought was a tummy upset, my OH thought I was being a "fussy Mom" but I knew there was something wrong.  You had been off your food for a couple of days and not your joyful self.  Our vet wanted to do further investigations so we left you there with heavy hearts.  We had hardly got back home when the phone rang and neither of us wanted to pick it up.  The news could not have been worse.  My beloved boy had cancer of the liver, which had spread to his spleen.  The vet advised the kindest thing was not to bring him round from the anaesthetic and after much crying and soul searching I made that awful telephone call.  We then went to see you, our beloved boy.  You only lived to be seven my darling but you packed twice as many years into your short life.  What a bundle of energy and if ever a dog had a sense of humour it was you.  You were my first male Cocker, in fact my first male dog, and what a character packed boy you were.   Rest easy my beloved - you are in our hearts for ever.