Author Topic: Joey has improved so much...  (Read 454 times)

Offline x Denise x

• Molly & Joey
Joey has improved so much...
« on: August 30, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
I am very happy to report that my lovely joey Has improved 100% . Joey who has been a nightmare for the last year since i rescued him. He pulled like a Train. He used to be very dog aggressive and used to learch at people when we were out. Graeme Hall came for a one - one home visit and i cannot praise him enough for the results he has produced in Joey.
He got him walking nicely within minutes and showed me how to do it . We dealt with the dog aggression and i must say in the last two weeks since he's been gone i say he went from  a 10 - 5 now  about  a 2  on the rage scale. He reacts but stops once told. Something i would never have believed we have managed to be out on dog walks with other people and dogs and every thing has been fine. Im no longer a loaner on my walks. Iv'e been to two dog fun day events and his improved so much. something we could never have done.

I would highly recommend  Graeme he does every kind of training and has wonderful reviews on his website spanning back years.

He travels anywhere and is based in Northampton. I hope this helps anyone reading this as i didn't think there was no way back for joey. He's a different dog even more loveable now he's as good out doors as he is indoors.

Offline cockerdoo

Re: Joey has improved so much ..
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
He sounds amazing, am so pleased that he has helped you and Joey.  What method did he use to get Joey to walk nicely, I would be really interested to know as I am still struggling with Autumn and her pulling.

Offline x Denise x

• Molly & Joey
Re: Joey has improved so much ..
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »
He showed me how to hold the lead in a different way, He tightened up the dog collar (4 fingers behind the collar not to tight) and moved it from around the neck to higher behind the ears. joey immediately stayed at my side and didn't pull  usually he is 4 ft in front of me with me  jogging along behind. each time joey walked a step in front of me a small Snagg on the lead stopped him from pulling. He's a pleasure to walk now. If i hold the lead in the usual way he pulls straight away. so its just a technique he has perfected to get them to walk nicely.  Hope this helps