Author Topic: Afternoon :)  (Read 946 times)

Offline Beckylouise

Afternoon :)
« on: October 14, 2013, 12:55:53 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm Becky, 28 from Towcester (Northamptonshire, near Silverstone). I live with my long term partner Dan & our gorgeous little boy called Jacob who is nearly 16 months!

We have been thinking about getting a cocker spaniel for quite some time now & have now decided that now is the perfect time to start look into it :)

We are looking for a Bitch, Golden show puppy :)  I am a stay at home mum & would love to have a new addition to our family.

I have been doing a lot of research & have joined the KC & been having a browse on Champdogs :)

Looking forward to being on the forum & hopefully finding our new addition soon :)

xx

Offline abzy0309

Re: Afternoon :)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »
Welcome  :D

You will love the forum, it's brilliant! I live in Staffordshire and have Reggie, a 18 week old lemon working cocker. Check out the puppy sections to get an idea of what you're letting yourself in for  :005:

Abbie & Reggie

Offline Mrs Pepper

• Pepper
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »
Hi Becky,

Welcome to CoL and how exciting to be looking for your new addition.  :D

Pepper (my four year old black and tan) is my first ever dog and he is such a good companion and a great character at that.  ;)

Look forward to hearing how you get on and seeing lots of pictures when you finally get your little one home.  :D

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
Hi Becky, welcome to COL  :D i am Stephanie and i am owned by George and Hamish who are both blue roan show cockers. they are Uncle and Nephew, George is 8 and Hamish is 6 ;) good luck in finding your new bundle of joy :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Beckylouise

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »
Thanks for all your replies :)

We are very exciting about getting a new addition but we are preparing the house 1st & buying everything that we need for her so is all here when we do bring her home  :dance04:

Realisticly I think we will be ready the latter part of this year so new year is probably our aim but if we can before then bonus, but we dont want to rush into getting her until we are ready :)

Looking forward to having a nose about & getting a little knowledge before we get her :)

xx

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

If you haven't already seen it please have a read of this http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=48072.msg683214#msg683214, lots of good advice to help you find a healthy, happy puppy :blink:

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 05:42:07 PM »
Welcome and I must admit I admire your patience!!

I only took a few weeks from making a decision and bringing Jinley home.  All in secret from my OH - everything was delivered to either my house or my neighbours until she was brought home  ;)  I just hid everything next to the tools in the garage, knowing he would never look there!!

Good time to get your garden and house puppy proof before you get your new addition.  My SIL had a toddler and I bought a large whelping pen with a door on so that Jinley could eat / rest in peace.  It might be worth making sure you have room for a pen of some sort if you have a little toddler in the house to give them both some peace and quiet.

I think you are wise to wait until after the new year, things can get very hectic over Christmas and those sharp teeth will be felt by all of your visitors!!  Many breeders will not let a puppy go to their new home during the festive season for this reason.

You will certainly have your hands full  ;) :shades: but it will be very rewarding for your family. 

Offline Beckylouise

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »
I have read How To Find A Reputable Breeder & found it very interesting & defiantly something I will keep referring too :)

I don't feel very patient haha but there financially we are wanting to get Christmas paid for & all her bits brought before we even start to look for a dog. 

The house is pretty much puppy proof because of our toddler anyway's  :lol: but the garden defiantly needs to be sorted which we are doing this year :) 

We have said that we aren't going to get a pen, but are going to move the stair gate from the kitchen to the entrance of the dining room.  The kitchen & dining room are open plan, so she can have free roam there.  That's where her bed is going to be as well so she will get the alone time too :)

Jacob is a very independent toddler, & only tends to want me these days if he wants something  :lol:  So will be nice to have another addition that wants my attention LOL.

xx

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »
Hi Becky
Good luck in getting your puppy. She is out there waiting .

we have Gemma, red working cocker and are only down the road from you ( well, about 80 mins) in COL distance that almost next door  :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----