Author Topic: worker instinct  (Read 625 times)

Offline Des

worker instinct
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:42:10 PM »
Very proud of bonnie today, although she is a working type cocker she is not worked just a family pet.While out walking today in the woods she flushed a huge fat wood pigeon which flew off slowly into the woods Bonnie set off after it, I allowed her to race after it to use up some of her endless energy.As she went out of sight I blew her to stop/sit then blew a recall, soon after she appeared with the woody in her mouth as she approached I told her to drop it which she did.I put her back on her lead as I did the woody waddled away I clapped and the woody flew off aagain unhurt.Although we do lots of retrieves and find it games on our walks we have only ever used a ball or toys.Very proud she didn't harm the bird and her natural working instincts are good.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: worker instinct
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 08:16:52 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping:.   good on you Bonnie, they do make us proud when all the training pays off
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »
Awwww, that's my girl  :luv: :luv:

Offline GeoW

• Donator
  • Maurice, Jan, and William (Prince of Orange)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 06:56:20 AM »
What a great result, well done Bonnie, and well done Des, it's a great confidence booster when that happens.

M.

Offline Gwen_A

• Donator
  • Alan's Gwen
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »

I am sure it is instinct Des, for although Gwen does not know how to play ball or play with toys, she constantly works on our walks, and has recently taken to the water and brought me on two occasions from the reeds a young Coot then a Duckling... placed  in my hand then sat in front of me... both birds were unmarked and unharmed, I gave her a treat then slipped them back into the water where they both happily paddled away back to Mum.

She does not know how to play... but she knows how to work ?... good on the whistle too.

Well done to young Bonnie though... she would take to training really well.... I think Gwen is perhaps too old at 5 years, though she may have had some training earlier in her life ?

Alan.
formerly AlandBina