Author Topic: Been very worried  (Read 561 times)

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
Been very worried
« on: January 05, 2024, 10:55:35 AM »
Just before Christmas our vet informed us that Morgan had an anal mass that needed to be investigated. We had to wait until the labs were open for business and yesterday came the news that the mass was not malignant  :D phew!

Blood tests showed that his kidneys weren't good at all though so he now has to have a renal diet, no more fresh raw meat which he loves as the protein level is too high for him. He also needs a phosphate binder adding to his food. The binding powder (no prescription needed) would be about £65 if ordered from them but she's very good at pointing us to cheaper sources for things, so I ordered what we needed from a company she recommended for only £25.49.

Just goes to show that not all vets see £££££ signs when we walk in through the door.

Morgan is now halfway through his 16th year and we know our time together is limited but it's good to know that we don't have to face THAT DECISION just yet  :luv:
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Been very worried
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 12:13:35 PM »
So sorry to read Morgan has been having problems, must have been an agonising wait for you all, hopefully with the new diet things will calm down for him (and you)

Twas very good of the vet to suggest a less expensive option.

Sending  :bestwishes: and  :bigarmhug: to you.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Online MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 12:53:23 PM »
Send you and Morgan  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 05:54:52 PM »
Poor lad, I hope he feels better soon. One of mine had an anal mass, but sadly it was not a good outcome for him, so I am pleased that you have had good news, what a worry is the waiting…..
All the best.
Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 09:21:25 PM »
That was an awful worry for you  :bigarmhug: I'm so relieved the news was positive. I hope he gets on okay with his new diet.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 08:49:59 AM »
Sorry to hear this but at least it was positive in one way

My vets is the same as he asks me if I want a prescription for whatever yet he is part of a large chain of practices and the prescription is generous too unlike some other vet practices
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 04:23:28 PM »
Sending lots of  :bigarmhug: to both you and Morgan. Glad to hear his condition is  treatable and that you can breathe out ! xx