Author Topic: Buscopan  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Glynis

Buscopan
« on: August 09, 2021, 11:12:54 PM »
Hi, please could anyone help. Today on the phone the vet suggested we try giving our dear Monty Buscopan tablets for colic. Has anyone used Buscopan tablets and what dosage was recommended? Thanks very much for reading this.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Buscopan
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 08:33:38 AM »
Sorry not heard of this or used

Did your vet not give you this information?     :huh:  I would be asking them if they suggested it or changing vets to one that provides the information on something they have suggested

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 11:36:33 AM »
It seems to be mentioned for dogs on other forums so I would google Buscopan .  However agree vet should have said dose and how long to take etc.

Two things to look at are https://yumove.co.uk/products/yudigest-plus-for-dogs
When Ollie is in tummy pain with colitis this is my main go to just six sachets in pack use 1 per day for 4 days then split the last two so he has have dose.

If it is not so severe it is Dorwest herbs https://www.dorwest.com/product/tree-barks-powder-for-dogs-and-cats  - he has this daily but only 5ml spoon mixed with plain Yeo Valley Yogurt a good desert spoon.

Hope this helps.

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Glynis

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »
Hello, just to clarify my original post - we are away on holiday in a  spot with poor mobile phone reception + no available local vet. Our dog started with colic type symptoms + we phoned our home vet to discuss + ask advice. We were struggling to hear + we caught the word 'Buscopan', this is why I posted to try to find more info. We have decided not to use any medication until we can be sure of correct dosage etc.
Many thanks to cazza + Jaysmumagain for your helpful replies.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 07:01:31 AM »
Awww that makes more sense now  :D

Just a thought as you have internet is there any chance you could email your vet asking for the information explaining that due to phone signal etc you didn’t hear it all - this way you would be able to start Monty on the medication while you are away

Hope Monty gets better soon x x

Offline Glynis

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 10:40:32 PM »
Hi cazza, you are all so helpful at cockers online. Just to say that we have decided to return home a couple of days early so that we can have a proper consultation with the vet. Thanks again. x

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 07:13:19 AM »
Sorry to hear you are cutting your holiday short, all the best with the consultation with your vet and I hope Monty is better soon  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 10:09:32 AM »
Sending  :bigarmhug: to Monty, hope you can get it sorted.
 :luv: