Author Topic: Back Problem UPDATE  (Read 5095 times)

Offline phoenix

• Donator
Re: Back Problem
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 11:06:16 PM »
Thinking of you all.    No other words can help. Xx
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 09:38:30 AM »
Sorry I missed this, hopefully by now you will have better news of the Humph

Sending positive healing vibes to Humphrey and a gentle few of these  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you all.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 10:26:11 AM »
Oh Jayne - I am so concerned for you and Humph....I hope surgery went well, this is so dreadful and you must be stunned at the sudden onset.

I hope you darling will be able to return home and have lot of time to rest and heal.

Sending  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to you and love to darling Humph.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2021, 03:00:09 PM »
Thanks for all your support everyone, it honestly does help!  :luv:
Latest update this morning is that‘s he‘s fully awake and has been able to eat and toilet. His legs are still lame but the doctor says that‘s normal after this operation, they‘ll let him rest today and tomorrow they‘ll begin with physio which they‘ll continue for a week before he‘s allowed home. Its going to be a long road to recovery I think and I’ll feel happier once I know he’s got some feeling in his legs but we’re feeling generally  more positive today and are trying to concentrate on  planning a way forward.
 :luv:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 03:29:05 PM »
So glad to read this

It is a good sign to eat and toilet. Have you ever known a cocker not to eat :luv:.

Plus physio will hopefully strengthen his legs.  Just take each day Jayne and stay positive.

We are all thinking about you and even my hubby asked how is Humph today :luv:

Sending  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Julie

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »
Phew, I've been popping in here several times to see progress, and keep thinking about him. So glad to hear something positive, and hope he improves. Dylan sends healing barks.
Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2021, 04:12:44 PM »
Glad to read things are going as well as they can  :luv:

Come on Humph we are all rooting for you  :luv: :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2021, 05:02:16 PM »
So glad to read this

It is a good sign to eat and toilet. Have you ever known a cocker not to eat :luv:.

Plus physio will hopefully strengthen his legs.  Just take each day Jayne and stay positive.

We are all thinking about you and even my hubby asked how is Humph today :luv:

Sending  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Phew, I've been popping in here several times to see progress, and keep thinking about him. So glad to hear something positive, and hope he improves. Dylan sends healing barks.
Lesley

Julie
Glad to read things are going as well as they can  :luv:

Come on Humph we are all rooting for you  :luv: :luv:

Oh bless you all, you‘ve got me blubbering now!! Humphrey must be positively glowing with all the love coming his way, - thank you so much!! xx :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2021, 05:40:11 PM »
Glad to hear that Humph is eating and able to do the toilet, that is a good sign.  Stay positive and take things day by day.  Progress will be slow and may take a little backward step on occasion, but don't be down hearted. Cockers are tough little souls, and as we know, are very determined  ;)  Sending you all lots of love and thank you for the update.  Healing thoughts for Humphrey.  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2021, 07:12:51 PM »
Thanks so much  :luv:
I don‘t imagine there‘ll be an awful lot to update on over the next few days, as you say it will take time but I‘ll keep you all posted. Many thanks again and have a good weekend everybody!
xx

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 01:49:57 AM »
I too seem to have missed this.  So sorry.  It definitely sounds positive that he has been able to eat and toilet.  This is obviously going to take time, with lots of rest, and it sounds as if you are well prepared for when he comes home.  It must have been an awful shock when one minute he was fine and the next he wasn't.  We are all thinking of you and Humphrey and sendind love and big :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  Please Please let him be improving further when you next post.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 09:32:23 PM »
Just checking in to see how Humphrey is doing 💕 I have been thinking of you both it’s all happened so quickly.
Cockers are strong willed little dogs and such fighters which has got to stand him in good stead. Keeping everything crossed for better news soon  :bigarmhug: xx

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 07:00:57 AM »
Hi, thanks!  :luv:
We phoned yesterday, there’s not a lot of change, they say he’s „stable“ but he will have to stay for a while longer. To be fair, the doctor did tell us he wasn‘t going to be walking again straight away and that it was going to be a long haul but its just a bit tough when I can’t see him for myself. OH thinks we shouldn’t be phoning every single day, as they‘re doing their best and will keep us informed of any problems, its just the feeling of helplessness that’s the hardest thing to cope with! I keep thinking he probably thinks we‘ve abandoned him!  :'(
Still, we have to stay positive and as you say, they are tough little dogs. It is early days and I think once he‘s properly recovered from the op and can be back here in his own environment, he‘ll probably start to make a bit more progress.
Unfortunately  patience has never been my strong point, its something I‘m really going to have to learn!  :lol2:
 :luv: :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 09:16:40 AM »
Oh I don't know, I think if phoning every day gives you a feeling of contact with him, and if it helps you cope with the separation, very well worth it.

Here's some  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you all

:bestwishes: for you  :luv:

Irene and the boys

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 09:23:03 AM »
Yes you just need to stay positive knowing Humph is in the right place for now.

It will be slow going for a while I am sure.  Any operation causes swelling and that takes some days to go down and then the clearer picture emerges.

As always lots of positives thoughts and oddles of :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to darling Humph and you and OH.

Plus while I understand phoning for updates will not change for the next days - if it makes you feel better then do it!!!  I think any vet would expect it anyway so I agree with Irene.

All best wishes Julie and Ollie dog