Author Topic: Eating too fast!  (Read 3244 times)

Offline siam

• Site Member
Eating too fast!
« on: October 09, 2021, 06:02:23 PM »
Bertie is 10weeks old and 'hoovering' his kibble and then he seems uncomfortable because of the rate he's eaten it at. I got him a maze bowl, which says its for small dogs and puppies to slow him down and he's not impressed. He did have several goes at it then sat down and cried beside it. I'm wondering if he's too young for it yet or if there's a more suitable bowl available for his age that someone can suggest please?

This is the one I've tried

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iGadgitz-Home-U6969-Junior-Interactive/dp/B07MTJZFJF/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=puppy+maze+bowl&qid=1633798446&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-5

I wasn't sure whether to put this under feeding or shopping, so my apologies if this is the wrong one.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Eating too fast!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 06:23:35 PM »
Could feed a small bit at a time. Little and often. He probably had to bolt his food before litter mates scoffed it. Our gemma, now aged 10 still bolts hers even with the go slow bowl
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Eating too fast!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 07:37:18 AM »
Ash was the same so I don’t give her all free food (what we call free food is food in a bowl) she gets her meals divided into 3, a third in a flying saucer, a third in a treat ball and the last third is split into 2 where one is for training ( which is used first, and the remainder as free food)

So every meal she gets some training then free food then mental stimulation by having to work the ball and flying saucer to get the rest, hope that helps

(Ball and flying saucer came from pets at home)