Cocker Specific Discussion > Rescue Cockers

Lots of lovely cockers on Many Tears Rescue

(1/2) > >>

1sttimecockermum:
Lots of cockers in search of their forever home on Many Tears at the moment if anyone is looking

ejp:
There are some real beauties.  :luv:

theshrew:
This is where we go Bailey from. I looked last weekend and they have a lot of Cockers. A lot of them must be Sons, daughters, brothers or sisters of Bailey an absolute spitting image of him

ejp:
Actually, that's a valid point. They could well be related to Bailey.

sophie.ivy:
I've been thinking about adopting a second dog recently...I found puppyhood so tough, I wouldn't want a puppy again and would be looking at older dogs but I'm worried getting an ex-puppy farm dog is similar/even tougher than having a puppy? From the research I've been doing, it sounds like it's back to basics with everything and them learning a lot from the other dogs in the house. Not sure our Ivy will be a very good teacher as she can still be a bit of a pickle herself and is still young!

Has anyone had experience of adopting an older dog with a younger dog already in the house? We also have a senior cat who has not warmed to Ivy at all and mostly keeps his distance, but I wouldn't want to bring another dog into the mix who hasn't been raised with cats and upset his lordship even more.

I would love to give an ex-puppy farm dog a safe and loving home for life, but it's such a big responsibility and I worry I might not be the best home for them. I keep deciding that's it, we won't adopt for a few more years but then I see the dogs at Many Tears and it tugs at the ol' heartstrings hard!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version