Author Topic: I have really had it this time!!!!!this post carries a health warning  (Read 8997 times)

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
Re: I have really had it this time!!!!!this post carries a health warning
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 11:23:09 AM »
A word of warning.........

When your dog dissapears from view under a large overhanging tree, doesn't come out when you shout and only appears after a minute of begging, blasts of the dog whistle and offers of treats,............

DO NOT TOUCH HER HEAD, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW HER TO LICK YOU

I speak with experience - she has been tucking into fox poo! ph34r

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline kb

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »
Penel - people pooh in the woods? :shades: I am a city girl - how disgusting :005:

I think it is one of those taboos isn't it - even though I have seen the pup next door eat its own pooh with my very own eyes, competitive puppy mummy denies she does it!

OH told all the people in his office and they thought it was hilarious  - however my mum and dad would be horrified (probably a generation thing ;)).

I have to say though, we always had dogs when we were growing up - A jack russell/corgi, a corgi and a westie - but they never did this. The westie had some horrible habits mind you :005: Do they all do it or are certain breeds more inclined than others. Maybe it's because I've never had a 4 yrold who doesn't flush before. ::)

I think if she had eaten it from the woods I would have understood - it was the fact she fished it out of  the toilet >:( :005: - which I suppose makes it less sanitary; and the cat pooh I  kind of understand

Mind you Penel - as a nurse I have seen the odd, unsavoury pooh related incident - but I could not tell the stories on here ;)

I didn't read about the pooh eating difficulty in "the perfect puppy" :005: :005: - or anywhere else for that matter; maybe we could approach Gwen Baillie en masse and get her to include in the next edition for all the other unsuspecting souls out there :shades: :005:

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 12:22:26 PM »
kb you are so not alone with this one although our 'incident' was under slightly different circumstances  ph34r

During the summer months (and probably because I'm toilet training my youngest son) all my kids have at one point or another liked to do their business outside in the garden.  It stems from a wild camping holiday a few years back where there were no facilities, so now my boys (my daughter is getting too old for these capers and would probably die of embarrassment  :005:) think its perfectly ok to pee in the garden, but thats usually all they do thankfully.

Mights as well get them to do it on the compost heap - makes it rot down quicker!   :shades:

But there wouldn't be any fun in that would there  :005:  Looking at it from a 3 & 6 yr old boy's perspective its just not entertaining to do it where you're allowed to do it, its far better to do it where you want  ;) :005:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 03:57:50 PM »
 :005: :005:

Now this is a funny thread.

When my boys were in nappies I used to change them on their mat on the floor, before I had chance to put the nappy in a nappy sack, Hooch my old collie used to be tucking into the poo inside it.  Yuk.

Really looking forward to having my baby and 2 naughty cocker spaniels aswell.

Herbie loves to eat his own poo - I am assuming it is is own poo as with 3 dogs I don't know who's he's eating so I doubt he does either. 

They are lovely aren't they.  I must admit, I can except it more from a male dog than a female dog - how unlady like :005:
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Claire

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 04:13:42 PM »
Eeeewww.  Talking about nappies, Ruby found one in the park last week - actually one of the other dogs she plays with found it - someone had shoved it into a bush instead of putting it in the bin >:D, and one of the other dogs was sniffing round there.  Being much smaller than the other dogs she was able to squeeze into the bush first and race off with it.

The nappy was flying open and flapping about, the other dogs were all chasing it and it ended up in a tug of war with about 3 of them over this 'treasure'.  I was disgusted.  Fortunately one of the other owners was nearer and able to retrieve it and dispose of it in a bin first.  I offered to take it off her and put it in the bin as it had been Ruby that had run off with it first - much to my relief she didn't take me up on the offer.

Then we reached the rose garden and Ruby raced over to eat the manure they use on the roses as fertiliser.  She leaves the bins overflowing with left over picnic food and the bread thrown down for the birds with a firm 'NO' from me and the incentive of a treat - but she had to be dragged away from the manure by her collar, and boy did she complain.

An hour later as I'm leaving for work, OH says with some surprise 'aren't you going to kiss Ruby bye?  You always kiss her bye'.

Offline miche

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 12:34:30 AM »
 :lol: :lol:.

My parents dog ate a rat .............. then he pinched some of my dads tea as mum was serving it up.  My mum wiped the slobber off the plate (and from a huge hungry golden ret, there was a lot of it) and put dad's tea in front of him.

Jasper came in and was sick in front of everyone and brought up the rat - practically whole.  Mum was horrified that he had been licking off dads plate and told dad what had happened.  I think it was enough to put him off his tea - so it's not just poo that's vile:o

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 12:43:12 AM »
Casper was running round the field the other night with a used sanitary towel in his mouth.  ph34r

Offline janey

• Site Member
  • it wasn't me,honest
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 01:04:35 AM »
Casper was running round the field the other night with a used sanitary towel in his mouth.  ph34r

eeeeeeuugh casper  :005:
the mind boggles as to how it got there
love Janey and Molly xxx

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 08:34:10 AM »

eeeeeeuugh casper  :005:
the mind boggles as to how it got there

To be honest, its not the dogs behaviour with these items I find disgusting, but the people who leave them lying around  >:(

Nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, soiled underwear - we used to find them all when we lived in Leicester and dog-walked on the Meadows :huh: :huh: I laugh when non-doggy people say that dogs are unhygienic - the stuff that some people leave lying around is far, far worse  :-\ :-\

Fortunately, this area is still fairly free of littering - although the expanding numbers of Festival-goers have been known to use nearby front gardens as toilets  >:( >:(
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2006, 08:53:31 AM »
What a lovely topic  :shades:  The other day I took Coco into the loo with me when we were down by the river and she found a used tampon that someone had stuffed round the back of the loo - delightful  ph34r  I wonder if I should carry rubber gloves with me when I go walkies - she does find some rank stuff  ::)
Julie and Watson

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2006, 10:14:16 AM »
To be honest, its not the dogs behaviour with these items I find disgusting, but the people who leave them lying around  >:(
Total agree Rachel! It's not the dog's fault at all. People can be far more disgusting!  >:(

I took Coco into the loo with me when we were down by the river and she found a used tampon that someone had stuffed round the back of the loo - delightful  ph34r 
Why? Surely if you are in the toilet, you would just flush it?  :huh:

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2006, 04:21:01 PM »
Jessie used to do this all the time (eat her own poopoo  :D) especially when we first changed both dogs onto Burns but thankfully she appers to have grown out of it now (at almost 3)  :005:

Janey

Offline miche

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »
Rachel you are quite right.  When we were walking on a beach in cornwall many years back with hooch it was littered everywhere with catheters - I find that  pretty disgusting but why would anyone leave a dirty nappy or sanitary towel in a public place  :huh:

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2006, 10:31:18 PM »
Helpful tip here:

Apparently, if you have a dog that eats poo, if you give them pineapple to eat, it stops them eating poo.  I'm not quite sure how this works, whether the pineapple makes the poo taste bad (well, worse than poo would normally taste  :005:) or whether something in the pineapple stops them wanting to eat poo.  Anyway, Nelly has this unfortunate habit, she eats both her own & Dillon's poo if she gets half a chance, so I buy a fresh pineapple every week with my shopping, & put some in a fresh fruit salad, I save some of it & feed the dogs a few pieces of pineapple every day.  It hasn't stopped her completely, but she isn't doing it as much now. That could be partly because during the hot weather I have been more vigilant about picking up the poos in the garden as soon as they've done them.  However, the other morning, she was eating a nice fresh poo in the garden & she decided it was so tasty she would bring a bit in for me & dropped it at my feet in the kitchen  >:(.

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2006, 10:54:45 PM »
Kb, after having a toddler who ate  :lol: :lol:the  dog poop off our lawn reading about your dog eating human poop doesn't seem too bad ;)
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.