Author Topic: Hotmail. Recent connection problems.  (Read 876 times)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Hotmail. Recent connection problems.
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:02:22 PM »
Yesterday and today I have been unable to get into my hotmail account. When I go from my pinned  link I get 'this page cannot be displayed' message. Checked connectivity and that is OK.
I can get to my log in page via google but then -after putting in my password I get 'this page cannot be displayed' message again  :huh:

Has anyone else had similar problems?
Any ideas?
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline SimonThePhotographer

• Site Member
Re: Hotmail. Recent connection problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:32:50 AM »
You need to clear your internet cache because if pages which force a re-issue of security (like Hotmail) may show the messages you're getting - whereas pages like Google will be cached in your browser.  So it would appear that only Hotmail is faulty, where it could be a general connection problem.

Click here for info on how to clear the cache

P.s.  It will also keep your browser running healthier.

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 08:25:35 AM »
Thanks Simon but I do that practically every day anyway  ;).

I've disabled the pop up blocker for hotmail and have now managed to access mail but still having a few problems. The access address seems to have changed  so my bookmarked page doesn't always load or I end up on a completely different page :huh: . I access it via a Google search each time now. I wondered if Hotmail had been updated recently to cause this sort of thing  :-\. It's been fine for the past 18 months  :-\ .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline SimonThePhotographer

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
You clear your cache every day?  I do it like... once a quarter, if that!   :-)

They constantly change the frontpage security for hotmail.  But if you bookmarked it, after it loaded the page, you likely included a SID or something in the URL (which will change durign each session).  Best way to deal with that, is go into the favourites menu..... right-click your hotmail favourite and hit properties.  Then in the URL window, just type in http://www.hotmail.co.uk or .com or whatever.   By doing this, the address will forward to wherever Microsoft have decided to move it to this time!  :-)

Can't see any other reason you'd get issues with it tho.