Author Topic: 2 New Natural Wet Dog Foods  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
2 New Natural Wet Dog Foods
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
Anyone heard anything about these 2 new complete wet foods?

Natures Harvest
http://www.toppetshop.co.uk/hiddenspiderfiles/natureharvest.htm

Got a load of free samples of this a few weeks ago. Betty loves it!
Pretty much the same as Nature Diet....but it PEELS!!! open, so easily!!! No more stabbing with a knife!

The other one is James Wellbeloved pouches.
Cant find anything on google, but picked a couple up from Pets At Home yesterday.
It says its a complete food, or can be used as a topper for the kibble.
For every pouch, you take away 40g of kibble.
Reckon you'd go through quite alot of pouches if you just fed it alone.
Havent tried it yet (well Betty hasnt) will let you know the verdict tomorrow!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: 2 New Natural Wet Dog Foods
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:18:19 AM »
I use the Nature's Harvest one, I now buy it instead of NatureDiet or Nature's Menu as I prefer the packaging. The dogs love it. I wouldn't use JWB but that's for ethical reasons.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »
I have only just seen the Nature's Harvest at PAH last saturday. 

Stocks of the NatureDiet were very low and we were thinking of getting a few to try but as I hadn't heard of them thought I would wait until I had heard some feedback.

Nicola - apart from the packaging are there any main differences between ND and NH?  Maddie won't eat anything other than wet food and I feed her half a packet of ND in the morning and the other half at night. 

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »
We've used the natures harvest and Charlie loved it. Know what you mean about the ND packaging!

I use the Nature's Harvest one, I now buy it instead of NatureDiet or Nature's Menu as I prefer the packaging. The dogs love it. I wouldn't use JWB but that's for ethical reasons.

What is wrong with JWB food?

Millie

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 09:30:17 PM »

Ooh err  :huh: I dont know...anyone got any info on this?

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

If I remember correctly they are owned by Pedigree ( but maybe wrong) but I know their parent company do a lot of animal testing  :-\

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 10:39:37 PM »
Nicola - apart from the packaging are there any main differences between ND and NH?  Maddie won't eat anything other than wet food and I feed her half a packet of ND in the morning and the other half at night. 

No, looking at the ingredients the meat content etc. was the same and having done a bit of digging it's good quality too. Mine only get it once a week or so but they really like it.

If I remember correctly they are owned by Pedigree ( but maybe wrong) but I know their parent company do a lot of animal testing  :-\

Yes, they are owned by the evil empire of Pedigree Masterfoods which is why I won't use them.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 10:50:14 PM »
Stocks of the NatureDiet were very low and we were thinking of getting a few to try but as I hadn't heard of them thought I would wait until I had heard some feedback.

Ahhhhhhhh that explains it then.  I usually stock up with Nature Diet for Melody once every 2-3 weeks but PAH in Inverness only had 4 packs of it in when I went last week, I went back on Sunday and there were 9 left.  They must be phasing them out in favour of the Natures Harvest.  Looks like I'll have to buy that next time I'm there.
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 09:02:28 AM »

Ahhhhhhhh that explains it then.  I usually stock up with Nature Diet for Melody once every 2-3 weeks but PAH in Inverness only had 4 packs of it in when I went last week, I went back on Sunday and there were 9 left.  They must be phasing them out in favour of the Natures Harvest.  Looks like I'll have to buy that next time I'm there.

I did ask the PAH staff whether they were stopping stocking Nature Diet but they said they weren't but had had problems with deliveries.  When pushed one of the girls said she thought it was due to 'foot and mouth'.

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline jessnjimmy

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 11:06:40 PM »

Do they only sell natures harvest at PAH?  How much does it cost and how many grammes per pack please?
Linda, Jess and Jimmy xxxxxxxxx

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 12:53:52 PM »
I'm just off the phone from NatureDiet as I tried to get the puppy blend yesterday to find PAH were having supply problems yet again, and according to naturediet it has been down to the foot and mouth - shortage of meat supplies at first and now its down to having the food certificated as being cleared.

Supplies over here in N.Ireland particularly affected, but then we have been seeing a lot of empty shelves in the supermarkets due to the restrictions. I too have bought the Nature harvest after being assured that its not produced by any of the companies I wish to avoid buying from and so far Billy has taken to it very well with no adverse effects to either end :)

Jessnjimmy iirc is a 400gr pack and cost me here in NI 74p

Just to prove that one really does need to get some sleep, I havent got Natures Harvest, Im feeding PAH own brand Wainrights so those prices and pack size are for that and not Natures harvest :embarassed:
Caroline and Alfie

Offline jessnjimmy

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 03:19:22 PM »

Thanks Caroline, might try and get some for my two
Linda, Jess and Jimmy xxxxxxxxx

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »
Natures Harvest is also 74p per pack and 300g  :D
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 05:56:24 PM »

Our supplier says Naturediet is having production problems again - I bought four cases.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »
My two liked the JWB wet food, we got samples in work, but the packs are tiny, so they won't be getting it. Mine are both on naturediet.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)