Author Topic: how long till coat grows  (Read 1302 times)

Offline deano

• Site Member
how long till coat grows
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:44:16 PM »
Alfie had to be totally scalped after bring him home from the refuge, his coat was longer and matted and our groomer said there was  no other alternative.  Our other dog has never been this short before, does anyone have any idea how long it will take roughly before he will start to resemble a cocker.  he was cut 3 weeks ago yesterday.

Offline deano

• Site Member
Re: how long till coat grows
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »
just wanted to add, we love him to death already so dont care what he looks like but he is still very thin and seems to feel the cold now that the weather here in spain is not as hot as it was so he will really benefit from a longer coat.

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 02:56:37 PM »
I have no idea about coats (first time dog owner and cocker owner!) but I just wanted to say that I thought he looks lovely.  A really nice face that looks full of cuddles!  :luv:

Amanda

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »
I would say probably in another 3-4 weeks he'll be looking more like normal, but in the meantime he's a very sweet looking boy.  :luv: :shades:

Offline mary w

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
I have Jak clipped like this all the time. It takes about 3 months untill he needs doing again.
By the way, he looks fab.
Love machine

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 04:20:19 PM »
you could always put a t-shirt or coat on him to keep him warm until it does grow back  :D

Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 04:27:43 PM »
Depends on the dog- my Hamish got clipped like this and it took him about 8 weeks till he looked normal. Indie however, his coat takes ages to grow. Hamish's grows like a weed! :luv:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 04:28:28 PM »
Alfie had to be totally scalped after bring him home from the refuge, his coat was longer and matted and our groomer said there was  no other alternative.  Our other dog has never been this short before, does anyone have any idea how long it will take roughly before he will start to resemble a cocker.  he was cut 3 weeks ago yesterday.

:luv: What a lovely sweet expression Alfie has, he's gorgeous :D

I would think you'd see quite a difference in his coat in about 4 weeks really, Well done on giving him such a wonderful

home, he doesn't look that thin from that photo to me though ?   :-\ maybe it's taken from his 'good side'  :005:

I'm sure with all your TLC he'll soon be perfect!  :angel:

Offline deano

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 07:47:26 AM »
  :blink:
Thanks for mall the compliments, yes he is a really handsome little boy and we wer so lucky to find him.   I think the pic was definetely taken on his good side as you really can see all his ribs although having said that its getting better each day,  I think we will have 2 opposites with our boys, Louis gets cut but his fur is very thick and withink 2 weeks he has grown rapidly but i think Alfie will be a lot slower.   Love the t shirt idea  :lol:

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 09:27:01 PM »
Alfie is just gorgeous, and I think he suits the short back and sides look. Charlie gets cut short like him and it takes about eight weeks before he starts to curl again.

Offline silke

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 09:35:56 PM »
I think he is adorable! :luv: It grows back quicker than you think.

Silkex

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 09:57:29 PM »
Bonnee was shorn when she arrived with us (sorry, the best shot of her coat was from behind):

But a few weeks later, she looked far less nek'id (50 days growth, to be precise  :005:)

Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club