Author Topic: Is it ok to change burns 'flavours' without a slow introduction and...  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
... does anyone else feed Burns and find that their dogs seem to be VERY hungry ALL THE TIME????

My gang both look great and seem very healthy on Burns but Dave NEVER shuts up asking for food and Storm is also clearly hungry a lot. She's on Chicken and Rice and Dave's on Puppy.. so I was thinking of changing Storm to one of the higher value burns foods maybe duck or something else and trying that but should I make a gradual transition to a different variety of the same brand as we're coming to the end of her bag now..?

Not sure there is much I can do about Dave as he still needs puppy food and he is 'carrying a bit' IMO anyway so doesn't need more any suggestions as to how he could feel 'fuller'?????

Thanks!
Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Is it ok to change burns 'flavours' without a slow introduction and...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 06:42:40 PM »
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=30482.0

I did this pole as Max is greedy & fed on Burns.  Although as soon as he's had his meal he's content & sleeps it off  :D

There was a thread recently regarding changing flavours too.  ;)
Max has his preferences but we tend to change the flavour with each new bag

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=34655.0

HTH
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 06:46:24 PM »
We give Millie a different flavour every time and have never had any problems. Her favourite is the fish.  :D
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline MontyMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:52:55 PM »
Mont got very bored of the chicken flavour, so he had the duck...(he loved it)...then the lamb...(still liked it more than the chicken, but not as much as the duck)...next flavour is fish!!!  I haven't introduce dthe flavours gradually ph34r but he has been just fine on them all x