Author Topic: Bart been to vets  (Read 1141 times)

Offline barts-mum

• Site Member
    • midland-scoobies
Bart been to vets
« on: January 26, 2008, 06:46:47 PM »
Yep off we went to vets this morning as Bart has a dry skin condition his pads have become very dry and cracked and last night he started to limp slightly but by this morning he couldnot put his back leg down.So we had a look at it and he had bit and licked it to the point it was swollen and bleeding :'( vets have bandaged his leg up (they were going to put him a pink bandage on  :o then the nurse says oh hes a boy and changed it to a yellow one :005: so Bart his now alsleep on the settee OH doesnt know that yet as he is upstairs :005: they have given Bart some antibiotics,painkillers ear drops and some eye drops and these parts are always dry and crusty and then hes back at vets tues morning to check how things are.They are then thinking of admitting him for a day to do some tests on him as they think he may have a condition where is own immune system is attacking him :'(. Could you all cross fingers and paws for Bart that he will get well soon thanks Julie :luv:

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: Bart been to vets
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »
Poor Bart, I hope he is ok, fingers crossed that there is nothing seriously wrong.  :luv:

Imagine trying to put a pink bandage on him, poor boy!  :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 07:05:22 PM »

Hope his leg recovers soon, and that all the tests give good results!!!!
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 07:28:57 PM »
 :'( Poor little Bart, I hope the treatment works for him ! Sending lots of healing thoughts and hope he's better soon  :luv:  good luck on Tuesday as well, let us know what happens ?  :huh:

Jann and Flo  :luv:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »
Poor Bart - a pink bandage indeed!  :lol:  Hope he feels better soon and the test results are okay  :-\
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Bev_M

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »
fingers crossed that the medication he has been given will clear things up for him

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »
Sorry to hear that Bart is poorly, we have all fingers and paws crossed here that it is nothing serious and that he soon feels better.

Offline barts-mum

• Site Member
    • midland-scoobies
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 05:30:01 PM »
Hi thanks for all barts get well wishes.

Well first sorry i havnt updated sooner but i have been so busy.
Tests were not necessary as he responded well to the medication he was given and they have confirmed he has dry eye so on treatment for life.His feet will never heal 100% because of his dry skin condition just got to wash his feet every other day to limit risk of infection.
Then this morning when he went outside for a wee i noticed it was mainly blood he was passing so i rushed him up to vets and they say with him weeing blood it is one or the other either a stomach infection or gallstones.He as got more tablets to take and i had to get a urine sample from him that was easier said than done but managed it don't know what the neighbours thought  :lol:me chasing round the garden after him.Took sample to vets and waiting to hear anyone else been through this ?

Thanks Julie