Author Topic: Vomiting Virus  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
Vomiting Virus
« on: February 12, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »
Well, as if I haven't had enough dealings with vets lately with poor old Samson, I had to make an emergency dash this morning with Parker and Mrs Bridges >:(

They have been vomiting for England, especially Mrs B who I was up with all night last night as she vomited almost every half hour.  The vet thinks they've picked up a virus and so they've had two injections each and Mrs B is on tablets for four days.  They also had raised temperatures.  Worst of all, I left the surgery minus £70.88 :o

Pleased to report that since the jabs and some lovely scrambled eggs (from eggs freshly plucked from the nest - how fresh is that!!) :D they seem much better and we've had no more vomiting, so fingers crossed.

Anyone else had vomiting virus problems lately??
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline Gunner

• Site Member
Re: Vomiting Virus
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »
Oh no, sorry to hear they have both been poorly  :-\

Hope they both continue to improve and that you get a better night tonight  :blink:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »
I haven't heard of anything like that around here. Poor things, that can't have been fun, I hope they're feeling better now  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »
Aww poor babies  :'(  ..glad there is a little improvement ..hope they are better soon x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 06:09:11 PM »
I think Gill or Gilly had similar problems with their dogs
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bonnie blue

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 06:58:40 PM »
How odd the vomitting bug in dogs has been a nightmare in our town we took Cassie and Maisie for their booster jab and there were 3 dogs on drips Cassie had been off it a couple of weeks earlier she could not keep anything down was lethargic and really did look ill bless her the vet said its an airborne bug thats flying around the country~Cassie has now completely recovered but Maisie didnt get it ~its an awful bug ~hope your 2 get well soon  :luv:
Owned by Molly and Poppy and never ever forgetting Maisie at the bridge x

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 07:54:26 PM »
Hope they soon feel much better and that you cope with all it brings!

Offline Winnie

• Site Member
  • Winnie
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
We had a milder version of it around here before Christmas. Winnie picked it up just in time to 'decorate' my friend's carpet as we were visiting for the day...very embarrassing! She then struggled to keep anything down for 2 days but was otherwise OK. I met another spaniel owner who's dog had the same thing, and 3 whippets that also had it. Luckily they were all just sick, no fever or other symptoms, so we didn't have to go to the vet.

In my ignorance I hadn't realised that dogs could pick up tummy bugs like humans do. It makes sense, but I haven't come across it before. I just assumed that Winnie had eaten something dodgy when we were out....she is always scavenging.
Jane and Winnie

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 06:20:42 PM »
What an absolute pain, Nicky! :'( (These vet bills are no joke!! >:()

Poor Parker & Mrs B.; I hope they're feeling much better today. :D
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 06:31:40 PM »
Pleased to report that they have both stopped being sick since their jabs and Parker seems back to normal.  Mrs Bridges is not quite right yet - she's still got the runs a bit but at least we managed to get a decent night's sleep last night without attending to chunder every 5 minutes! ::)

Winnie, I was the same, I had no idea that dogs could get bugs like us.  You live and learn, that's for sure!

What an absolute pain, Nicky! :'( (These vet bills are no joke!! >:()
You are absolutely right there!! I'm about to put the insurance claim in for Samson so I hope to goodness they pay up - the bill is well into four figures :o
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)