Author Topic: Going Mad!!  (Read 853 times)

Offline Blossy

• Site Member
Going Mad!!
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:31:43 AM »
Hi everyone.

I am hoping for some suggestions, which I think probably are due to feeding.

Tilly is now 9 months old and is fed JWB, (only the flavours for sensitive digestions).  We are now feeding her twice a day and were feeding her at about 6.30am before walking and then again at about 1.30pm, but she continued to poo during the night.  After posting about it, we changed her to the JWB and we changed her feeds to 1.30pm and then 10pm as had been suggested, which improved things for a while, but we are now back to square one again.

She is walked reguarly, at least twice a day, and has the very odd accident during the day, never wee, just pooing. 

The other thing is that very often they are tiny little nuggety size (like a marrowfat pea - sorry, but may be of importance :blink:) and i wonder could this be because she is trying not to go and knows she shouldn't.

I am also wondering if she had worms would this make a difference?? She is wormed regularly, but is due soon, so will do that tomorrow.

She can't even look at anything different to eat without having the runs, so i think she does have a very sensitive stomach, but unsure what to do now for the best.  I have thought about only doing one meal a day, but i know that really thats not enough.

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Re: Going Mad!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 12:33:38 PM »
A dogs digestion works pretty fast so I would be inclined to feed inthe morning (after her walk!) and again at tea time (say 5pm). If you let her our at bedtime (11pm) her tea should have been digested and she should poo!

I found ours poo'd more when on JWB compared to Burns or Nutro tho....

Janey

Offline Blossy

• Site Member
Re: Going Mad!!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »
A dogs digestion works pretty fast so I would be inclined to feed inthe morning (after her walk!) and again at tea time (say 5pm). If you let her our at bedtime (11pm) her tea should have been digested and she should poo!

That was another question i was going to ask - did anyone know how long digestion took - you read my mind - thanks.

We did originally feed in the morning and at about 5ish, but had the same problem, so changed to dinnertime and late at night, which did improve things at first. 

i am wondering about changing to Burns or something else or also wondered if it would help wetting the food!?!