Author Topic: Snapping  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Snapping
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »
Is she an ex breeding bitch?  If so she's probably never ever played with another dog in her life - her only interaction would be for mating so I can see why she just doesn't 'get' Floyd and his play....

It takes a long while for a rescue dog to settle in and I agree with Nic's posts 100 percent  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 05:44:22 PM »
Take a deep breath - they are finding their feet with one another. Nicola's advice is spot on.
We rescued Dylan last year and there are definite sparring sessions sorting out their pecking order. Only this morning Dylan was growling at Toby.
On the whole we let them get on with it and the next minute they are ksing one another.
Good luck and you will all be fine I am sure
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »
she just had a snap i floyd i was openin the mail and didnt see him goin to her bed and she snapped at him well i think he has had enough and had a right growl bark and snap back and walked away as if to say that told her mum anyway both dogs went to seperate ends of the room and lay down to sleep ruby has just got up for a pee and she is limpin i dont know if he has caught her as i checked and cant see anything or if she has been lyin on it wrong i have put her through the room beside her daddy hopin she will lie for a cpl of hours and see how she is when she gets up crazy bl*&dy dogs been so careful with her to as havent sorted her insurance yet grrr hope they grow out of it and into each other or they will be livin in different rooms lol

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 02:31:50 PM »
Aww Leanne, I hope she is ok  :luv: Honestly my two as much as they play great together, Alfie does have lots of 'go's' at Lenny throughout the day. It is just them getting used to eachother I am sure, and learning eachothers boundaries. In our house Lenny has none  :005: but Alfie likes his stuff to be just his  ::) Maybe Floyd having words back with her may make her think twice. Keep your chin up, I am sure they will setlle down soon  :-*

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 03:14:23 PM »
dont get me wrong its not nice to see but after everyones advice im not to worried to be honest im just gonna walk them together more often they get on fab when we r out walkin and 99.9% of the time in the house so if it gets worse ill worry but right now im fine send me cocker kisses i might need them by the end of the week lol

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »
Alfie and Lenny snogs on there way to you  :-*  :005:

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 10:11:11 PM »
aww shucks ta been lettin her have her own way lettin her settle in tom she has been here a week so she needs to start fittin in a wee bit more so ill have more news in another week