Author Topic: An aggressive cocker, a young daughter and serious concerns....  (Read 9128 times)

Offline JohnW

Re: An aggressive cocker, a young daughter and serious concerns....
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 12:28:56 AM »
I will follow up what eveyone else has said, my thoughts are with you and i am sure within a few months things will have worked out for the better, probably at present it just doesn't feel like it. I wish you all the very best.

John ;)

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
Re: An aggressive cocker, a young daughter and serious concerns....
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »
Cocker has now gone to The Spaniel Trust, thanks for everyones input on this thread. Will lock this topic now.

Offline JB

• Site Member
An aggressive cocker, a young daughter and serious concerns.... PART 2
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2009, 10:29:09 PM »
Louie is still here for the time being. We now have the forms to fill in and return.

Thank you all very much your kind words. It has been an incredibly hard decision, yes, but we feel it is the only option now. We only have these incidents occassionally but long term, we think this is the best way.

The guy I spoke to at The Spaniel Trust after hearing about the episodes feels that our dog has "learnt" this aggression and so, there is no reason why he could not "learn" it with our little girl in time also.

It's a bit distressing thinking of him travelling all the way to Scotland not having a clue who these people are taking him away and where he is going but I suppose he will adapt a lot quicker than we think he will. As long as he has lots of space to run around and expel all that energy I am sure he will be fine.

We will receive an update on how his training is going and another when he finds a new home.

Thanks again. It's good to hear that others have been through the same thing and people saying that we have done all we can.