Author Topic: Chloe is up for rehoming - updated!  (Read 5525 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Re: Chloe is up for rehoming - updated!
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »
The sun has been shining, we've done some good lead walks involving a bit of training (sits, look at me, downs whenever a vehicle passes and she was great....She met a lovely blue roan 11 yr old show type at the river today and they had a good romp together...fantastic to watch. The family are on holiday up here and were telling me they'd had their cocker half way up the mountains yesterday....so perhaps there's hope for us yet!
The sheep have all been removed from the fields in front of me (where she chased on Sunday) so I now have an open space to do long line training with her.
Also, she walked past a field of sheep today (on-lead) without as much as looking at them...not that I think thats terribly signiifcant in her training, cos if any of them had moved, she would probably have tried to jump the fence!
Might take her on a sheep-free night away up the west coast tomorrow...we both deserve some fun  ;)
Thanks again for all your replies. Will keep you updated on any "training with sheep"....no further forward with that atm, but this is Highland time....everyone works very slowly and "urgency" is not in folks vocabulary here!

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2009, 07:58:09 PM »
I've just seen this thread. Sounds like she's making progress.  :D

Don't be disheartened. It's a set-back, but Chloe has done so well over her 1st year with her lead training. I've been so jealous reading your threads about how well she's doing whist I've been developing huge bicep muscles from Harvey's pulling. She sounds like a smart girl and you've done so well training her that I'm sure you'll over come this setback in no time.  :D

Lambing season is a nightmare with me too. Harvey's big field is out of bounds at the moment for off lead walking due to the lambs. Harvey's obsessed with sheep and ducks on lead (I've introduced them to him aq gazillion times but over the last few months he's found them facinating  ::)).

Keep us posted on how she's doing. :D

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2009, 08:06:48 PM »
I've just seen this thread. Sounds like she's making progress.  :D

Don't be disheartened. It's a set-back, but Chloe has done so well over her 1st year with her lead training. I've been so jealous reading your threads about how well she's doing whist I've been developing huge bicep muscles from Harvey's pulling. She sounds like a smart girl and you've done so well training her that I'm sure you'll over come this setback in no time.  :D

Lambing season is a nightmare with me too. Harvey's big field is out of bounds at the moment for off lead walking due to the lambs. Harvey's obsessed with sheep and ducks on lead (I've introduced them to him aq gazillion times but over the last few months he's found them facinating  ::)).

Keep us posted on how she's doing. :D

Thanks Christina, but she's only good on lead in familiar places...otherwise she's terrible! I'm so jealous of YOU, being able to teach Harvey a stop whistle...far more important than loose lead walking in my opinion....if I'd managed to teach Chloe a reliable stop whistle, these chases might not have happened in the first place  >:(
Ah well, we live and learn...thank doG for all the advice on COL  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
I haven't had to use the stop command in an emergency though. He's not 100% reliable

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »
Wow, this thread has moved on a bit since I last looked in.

So sorry you are having all this stress, but it looks like you have had some great advice. Hope it all works out, I am sure it will - you are very committed.