Author Topic: Alfie and I are new here  (Read 2444 times)

Offline carrie p

• Alfie
Alfie and I are new here
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »
Hi

I am new here - I know I have been lurking for months  :D  Alfie is 13 weeks old and a blue roan show cocker, we have had him for 5 weeks now and he has had all his injections and is enjoying the new adventures out in the big wide world. This site has been great for all my queries so far -thanks . Will post pictures as soon as I have it sorted.

Carrie

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: Alfie and I are new here
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »
Hi there, and welcome to COL. I have Duggie, who is also 13 weeks, and a solid black show type. :D

I look forward to seeing the pics of Alfie and hearing what he gets up to. :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline carrie p

• Alfie
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
Thanks for moving me Jane, I knew I'd post in the wrong place :D

Thank you for your welcome Rats and Dogs, I must confess that I have been following Duggies progress avidly as we picked Alfie up just a couple of days after you got Duggie. 

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
Thank you for your welcome Rats and Dogs, I must confess that I have been following Duggies progress avidly as we picked Alfie up just a couple of days after you got Duggie. 
Has Alfie grown before your very eyes like Duggie has?! :o :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline carrie p

• Alfie
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
Too right he has, it was seeing your other post today about what has happened to my puppy that made me think I really ought to log on here before he was fully grown  ;)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »
I was sure ,in the early days, that I would put Duggie in his crate for a nap, and he would come out an hour later bigger! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline Smudgesmum

• Site Member
  • mum to Oliver,9 and Smudge,4
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 05:07:13 PM »
A warm welcome to you and Alfie.... I have Smudge who is 3 in November ,he is my 4th blue roan show type cocker ( they are very addictive) and Oliver who is 7 and an English Setter. Very jealous cos I would love another puppy, I just love that puppy smell so much! My son and DIL have a black show cocker called Alfie! :luv:

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 05:43:02 PM »
Welcome to COL.  :D I am owned by the gang below who are all Show strain Cockers. I would love a worker one day, but at the mo I show Tally and do Agility with Morgana and Avs. The other two don't have a hobbie at the mo. Unless you include getting in to mischief.  ;)  :005:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 05:44:57 PM »
Hello and welcome! My cocker is Morgan an orange roan who is 14 months old, today is his Gotcha Day birthday. He grew up very quickly, well, physically that is  :005: I think he'll take a long time yet to grow up mentally  :shades: I'm sure your Alfie will have great adventures now that he can go out into the big wide world!
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline carrie p

• Alfie
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »
Thank you for the welcome everyone
I have been trying to master the art of photobucket and think I have done it  http://s566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/carrieparrish/
so fingers crossed.

Alfie is my fourth cocker, all show types - the first was a rescue age 4, followed by brother and sister blue roans from puppyhood, the last of whom we lost age 12 in January.  Life was too quiet so now we have Alfie and yes we are convinced he gets bigger every sleep, the good thing about him now is we are able to get out walking again, was beginning to think my 'old bones' were seizing up from lack of exercise. Even 15 minutes at a time is doing me good :005:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 06:08:42 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL.

I've just looked at your photos and Alfie is very handsome  :luv:.

I have a 5 year old orange roan show type called William and (much to William's annoyance) a 9 week old blue roan and tan show type called Louis, who had his first vaccination today.

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 06:16:47 PM »
Hi Carrie and welcome to the forum. Alfie is a wee cracker - lovely markings!

I have Bramble (liver roan) Poppy (orange roan) and Coco (liver), who's been with us for 2 months now and came from Springer Rescue Scotland (yes, they do other dogs too, not just springers  :005:)

Looking forward to seeing loads of photos of Alfie as he grows.
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline puppy love

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 08:50:50 PM »
Alfie is lovely  :luv: I have Indie a choc roan 20 months and Saffie a tri colour choc tan and white who is 5 months today and so tiny (well, very lean long and very lanky  :lol2:) Welcome to Col

xx
Mims Saffs & Ins xxx

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »
Hi, Alfie is gorgeous and reminds me of when Mole was dinky like that! Look forward to watching him grow  :blink:

Offline Surfer Rosa

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »
A warm welcome to ye. I hope you enjoy COL as much as I do. Tis a great wee haven.

:D
Eddie, Jake, Setomooncalf and Yoshi
AKA: Abraham Stinkin', Russell Bustle, Jimmy 'The Chin' Smellynellio and Googly Puff.