Author Topic: Dry Puppy Food (Wainwrights)  (Read 1124 times)

Offline scott0904

Dry Puppy Food (Wainwrights)
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:42:54 PM »
My pup was fed Wagg puppy food (nasty stuff) by the breeder and ive changed him over to Wainwrights puppy food.

My question is.... does everyone stick to the recommended daily amounts?

according to the bag, I should be using 100g per day.

However, Floyd (the pup) looks to have lost a little weight around the ribs in the last day or so.  I dont know whether ive picked up the breeder wrongly, as her accent was so very broad we could hardly understand her, but ive a feeling she said she fed the pup scrambled egg aswell.   :-\

Im not entirely certain about feeding egg to the pup, but I do feel like I should be feeding alot more than 100g - it seems such a teeny amount.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Dry Puppy Food (Wainwrights)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »
The amounts given on the bags are just guidelines so if you think your pup needs more food I would increase his rations accordingly. I never weigh my dogs' food, I feed them by eye and if I think they've lost a bit of weight I up the quantities and vice versa. You can give dogs eggs, I wouldn't feed them all the time but I give them occasionally as a treat (sometimes raw sometimes scrambled).
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »
100g does not sound like a lot! When my lurcher was a pup I remember feeding between 1.5 and 2 times what the bag said and that was either James wellbeloved or Arden Grange.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:39:05 PM »
Meg was fed scarmbled egg by the pup as we were recommended to by her breeder on her diet sheet, im guessing it was for the protein. xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7