Author Topic: So cross with my neighbour  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
Re: So cross with my neighbour
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54:47 AM »
Oh Vicki, I totally sympathise.

To be honest, if it was me, I'd either put up a really high permanent fence so she can't see the dogs and they can't see her (not quite sure if your set up) or make the fencing you've put up more permanent with a second gate?

The stress of constantly wondering if she's giving them things will be such pain for you whereas if you can secure them away from her you won't have to worry about it again... or confronting her.

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »
Oh Vicky, poor Baja.   

I would let him into her garden to 'show' her what she's doing to him!   ph34r

Maddi has a sensitive tum as well, so I can sympathise  :luv:
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »
You should make a sign saying 'Please dont feed the dogs' on your gate like they do with horses :shades:. Maybe you putting the fence up will make her take your requests not to feed them a bit more seriously >:D xx
I would make a sign PLEASE DO NOT FEED MY DOG'S. and pop a note in her door, it may sink in if it is in black and white  >:D

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 09:11:03 AM »

To be honest, if it was me, I'd either put up a really high permanent fence so she can't see the dogs and they can't see her (not quite sure if your set up) or make the fencing you've put up more permanent with a second gate?

The stress of constantly wondering if she's giving them things will be such pain for you whereas if you can secure them away from her you won't have to worry about it again... or confronting her.

Its the 6ft garden gate then the rest of the garden is 6ft fences so she cant get at him, but the gate has the small slats where she can just poke her fingers through  >:D

I was out lat night, but OH heard her drive in and the boys went over barking but couldn't get to her as the little fence stops them getting to the gate now, he said she muttered something in German and went inside!

Hopefully this will do the trick but will probably consider looking at a new gate with no slats.

I like the idea of telling her the vet needs to find out what he has eaten and god forbid this happens again I will be doing this for sure.

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »

Its the 6ft garden gate then the rest of the garden is 6ft fences so she cant get at him, but the gate has the small slats where she can just poke her fingers through  >:D

:dunno: :dunno:

Cricky, that's one persistent women - I imagined it was a normal height metal gate or something so the dogs seemed really accessible to her. :dunno:

Hope that's the last of it now though :-*

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »
We don't have a problem with the neighbours feeding Freddie, in fact they have stopped speaking to us altogether, it seems! However, sometimes on walks we see friendly dog owners with treats for their dogs who offer to Freddie without asking (and of course it would be rude of him to refuse!!) - he also has a sensitive tum. When other dogs come to me for a piece of my tuna bread I always ask the owner first. One day he found a load of burger buns that had been tossed over some-one's back fence after a BBQ, presumably. I didn't know what he had found at first until he had snaffled 2! I picked the rest up and put them in a bin. I guess they were there for the birds but I think they should have been left in the garden. 
Paula & Freddie x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »

:dunno: :dunno:

Cricky, that's one persistent women - I imagined it was a normal height metal gate or something so the dogs seemed really accessible to her. :dunno:

Hope that's the last of it now though :-*

You could try a square of wire mesh fencing as sold in B/Q, comes in pieces I think either 2 or 3ft. Attach to the gate with either wire or string or if a wooden gate you could use netting staples. The squares in the mesh are roughly a quarter of inch. I used this when I did not want puppies going through or under the gates.

Hope this helps in your battle with this persistant fool.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Thanks for that idea Mudmagnets, I think we might be buying a new solid gate to prevent this happening again.

I saw her today coming in and she completely blanked me, so even though I haven't said anything she must have got the message from the fence stopping them going over to her!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
Thanks for that idea Mudmagnets, I think we might be buying a new solid gate to prevent this happening again.

I saw her today coming in and she completely blanked me, so even though I haven't said anything she must have got the message from the fence stopping them going over to her!

We wait and hope  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.