Author Topic: hello and introducing Molly :)  (Read 1579 times)

Offline aliceandlouis

Re: hello and introducing Molly :)
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 08:44:40 AM »
What a sweetie  :luv: :luv:  Welcome to the forum and I am sure we all look forward to hearing more about Molly as she grows up.

Love the picture of her in her waterproof!  Is the one of her on the beach at Newport, Pembrokeshire by any chance?  We have just come back from there and the headland looks suspiciously like Morfa?

Offline pip1965

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 10:24:50 PM »
Hi,molly looks really cute ,I love the picture of her looking out to sea.We have Otto who is a black white and tan bunble of mischief,flip flops are his trophy of choice >:D He also dislikes being groomed but we are working on it

Offline tashjones

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »
Aww, thank you everyone!  :lol2: You're all so lovely!

There were a couple of questions, so....

Molly looks like a real sweetie :luv: :luv: Can I ask which breeding lines she's from? She looks very much like my blue boy Dave when he as a pup only she's a little lighter but same head and expression :005: Dave has Classicway, Shenmore and Speechouse in his most recent rele's..
I'm not quite sure how to read the breeding lines from the pedigree generation certificate, I assume it is the names which look like family names? She has Terriles, Yardew, Sorbrook and Glowhill listed in her recent relatives... so it looks like she's just Dave's long lost dopelganger  ;) or am I mis-reading the lines perhaps?

Love the picture of her in her waterproof!  Is the one of her on the beach at Newport, Pembrokeshire by any chance?  We have just come back from there and the headland looks suspiciously like Morfa?

Ah, no, sorry, it isn't Morfa - it's at Brean, just south of Weston-Super-Mare, and the headland is Brean Common I think... it's a huge sandy beach but the estuarine tide goes out really far and there are mudflats after the sand so that day it wasn't safe to show Molly the sea! I think I went to Morfa a while ago, it's a lovely place  :D

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »
Aww, thank you everyone!  :lol2: You're all so lovely!

There were a couple of questions, so....

Molly looks like a real sweetie :luv: :luv: Can I ask which breeding lines she's from? She looks very much like my blue boy Dave when he as a pup only she's a little lighter but same head and expression :005: Dave has Classicway, Shenmore and Speechouse in his most recent rele's..
I'm not quite sure how to read the breeding lines from the pedigree generation certificate, I assume it is the names which look like family names? She has Terriles, Yardew, Sorbrook and Glowhill listed in her recent relatives... so it looks like she's just Dave's long lost dopelganger  ;) or am I mis-reading the lines perhaps?

Dave has both Sorbrook and Glowhil at Great Grandparent level and back from there so.... they probably do carry some of the same genes and could well be distantly related  ;) :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »
Hi and welcome.  Molly looks absolutely gorgeous.  We have a Mollie too (OH spells it Molly like you do but I always thought it was spelled with an I.E so I spell it Mollie).  Anyway she's black with a bit of roan on her chest and we also have Alfie who's a light blue roan.