Author Topic: CSJ samples  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Albert Tatlock

• Site Member
  • Ttthhhrrrrrrppppp!
CSJ samples
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »
I've just contacted CSJ to try some of their food as Cooper has loose stools (never been brilliant!) and recently had to get his glands emptied so I want something to firm them up & that'll hopefully help.

Has anyone received samples from them & how much do you get? I remember getting small bags of Arden Grange which would only really do one meal so would hope CSJ send sufficient to try for a couple of days. Didnt want to ask in case sounded greedy  ph34r

Also did you do the usual change food over few days or just start giving CSJ? Thats another reason why I'd like to know how much as if only a little sample & I have to just do straight change could that not also affect his stools & then I wont know if the food is helping or not.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: CSJ samples
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 05:50:37 PM »
Hi, I know a few fellow COL'ers have had CSJ samples sent so they'll be able to answer you about the amount you get.  Just wanted to say that I changed Odie onto CSJ Champ when he turned 6 months old (he was never fond of puppy food and his stools were chronic - splats every time ph34r). 

He loves it, and his stools have firmed up lovely!  I mixed old and new for a few days then changed completely within the week, I had no problems doing this.  He's now been on it 3 months.  Lesley  :D
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »
I asked for and received samples earlier last month and was sent the following:

1 each 250grams

Command Performance 21

Natural Champ

Natural Lamb and Rice.

All give feeding instructions and I was told it can have a little water added if you wish

Also sent was four Dem Bones treats.

Haven't had the courage to try them yet  :-\

Hope this helps
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline The crazy hut

• Donator
  • I looooove chocklit
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:26:19 PM »
I asked for some samples and got the equivalent of a large shoe box filled with samples of various food and treats (i was really quite impressed with what they sent).

We tried them and changed all of ours on to the wheat free lamb and rice (they now get the senior/lite version as they put on some weight and gained a bit of attitude  :005: )  Their coats have come on beautifully since we changed their food and we haven't had any tummy troubles since either. 

We had tried many brands before CSJ but we will be sticking with this.  Hope this helps
Wisp, Perri and Ambi

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
I'm waiting for samples too! I requested them a few days ago and hope they come soon as we're going away next week  :-\

Offline Albert Tatlock

• Site Member
  • Ttthhhrrrrrrppppp!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »
Thanks folks.  I'm getting CP24 & original lamb & rice. Ceri thinks may be wheat intolerance so may go for the original l&r as it's wheat gluten free.  Have changed him to Wainwrights lamb & rice from Arden Grange as that has higher fibre (vet said to add bran to food so thought higher fibre food may help also) & couple of times I thought his poos looked better formed (although still soft) & he's been pooing less but on the whole not a real improvement.  However Ceri also asked what treats he gets & advised me to stop the gravy bones he gets (half dozen a day) as they have wheat so that may have been what stopped Wainwrights making a real improvement.  I did mention Champ as the reviews had a lot of people saying this firmed things up but as there is wheat in that Ceri has said to try the CP24 & lamb & rice 1st to see how they go.

Just have to break the news to Cooper that as of tomorrow there's no more gravy bones  :005:

Offline mooching

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 11:49:55 PM »
You could always try the CSJ "Dem Bones" as an alternative to the gravy bones. They don't contain any wheat.

http://www.csjk9.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=72&idcategory=14

CSJ usually send out a small pack of 4 as samples if requested.

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 07:52:57 AM »
On the subject of CSJ ive recently swapped Harvey from Burns mini bites onto  CSJ natural little champ due to loosen stools and him being very skinny. Has worked wonders on him already. The best stools hes ever done (he was always loose) and has put on just enough weight to stop him looking so starved. I love it

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »
I'm looking at foods at the moment and keep seeing CSJ being recommended on virtually every thread so thought I'd take a look at the Natural Little Champ and looks really cheap  :-\

Ingredients stated are :  Beef and Chicken Meat Meal, Wheat, Maize, Chicken Fat, Chicken Liver, Unmolassed Beet Pulp, Full Fat Linseed, Green Leaf Vegetable, Potassium Chloride, EC permitted natural anti-oxidants, Mixed Tocopherols, Vitamin C and Rosemary Extract.

Anyone know what the percentage of meat is and what exactly is beef and chicken meat meal, I'm used to quality foods stating how much % meat is in the ingredients and this seems vague or maybe I just can't find it on the website.     :dunno:

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »
The price is what puts us off too Jeanette :-\. I dont understand how they can make such a 'good quality' food for those prices :huh: compared to say Arden Grange which is like 3 times the price :huh:. Even Baker's and Pedigree and more expensive and they arent classed as quality foods :dunno: xxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »
I believe it's because it's something to do with no VAT as it's food for working dogs?  I'm sure I've read it somewhere!

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »
I believe it's because it's something to do with no VAT as it's food for working dogs?  I'm sure I've read it somewhere!

That would be a couple of quid maximum on those prices - still seems really inexpensive.   

The price is what puts us off too Jeanette :-\. I dont understand how they can make such a 'good quality' food for those prices :huh: compared to say Arden Grange which is like 3 times the price :huh:. Even Baker's and Pedigree and more expensive and they arent classed as quality foods :dunno: xxx

Arden Grange states human grade chicken so can understand the difference in price between them, however Indie never really liked Arden Grange anyway so she'd probably love this.   

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »

I made the same point a while ago on a previous thread. 

Offline Albert Tatlock

• Site Member
  • Ttthhhrrrrrrppppp!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 10:25:03 PM »
I'm looking at foods at the moment and keep seeing CSJ being recommended on virtually every thread so thought I'd take a look at the Natural Little Champ and looks really cheap  :-\

Ingredients stated are :  Beef and Chicken Meat Meal, Wheat, Maize, Chicken Fat, Chicken Liver, Unmolassed Beet Pulp, Full Fat Linseed, Green Leaf Vegetable, Potassium Chloride, EC permitted natural anti-oxidants, Mixed Tocopherols, Vitamin C and Rosemary Extract.

Anyone know what the percentage of meat is and what exactly is beef and chicken meat meal, I'm used to quality foods stating how much % meat is in the ingredients and this seems vague or maybe I just can't find it on the website.     :dunno:

It is strange theres no meat% on that food.  There is on the original lamb & rice (26%) but not on the CP24 - which are the 2 samples I'm getting & they are both more expensive than the natural champ.

This is what they say on the website regarding the low prices

http://www.csjk9.com/faqs/why-is-csj-so-low-priced_p159.html

Got a point I suppose, how much does it cost to sent those dogs into space for the Bakers advert  :005:

While the Champ range is extremely cheap their original & command performance ranges are more on par with JWB, Arden Grange etc.  I'm just at the stage that if any of their foods help Cooper have solid poos all day, every day for the 1st time in his life then I don't care how much it costs me. (and if they dont then it's back to the drawing board  ph34r )