Author Topic: Worried about heavy breathing  (Read 905 times)

Offline JeffandAnnie

Worried about heavy breathing
« on: October 07, 2010, 06:51:03 PM »
After reading about poor Daisy I'm a bit worried about Jeff's breathing. When he sleeps he breaths really noisily and fast. He is very healthy otherwise and doesn't do heavy breathing at all when awake. Am I worrying over nothing (nothing new there  ::))? I don't really want to call the vets unless there really is a concern, as they will just say "bring him in to be on the safe side" and another £30 in their pockets  :-\

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Re: Worried about heavy breathing
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:14:16 PM »
Sorry to hear you are worried about Jeff  :'(  I'm no expert on this, but have a look at his gums and make sure they are pink (not blue or grayish).  Is he panting or coughing?  Also check his tummy to see it it is swollen.  How old is he?  Do you think he may be dreaming?

I am sure someone more experienced will be along soon  ;) ..I hope Jeff will be ok, but if he does have any other symptoms it may be worth that trip to the vet.  ;)   Let us know how he is later  :luv: x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 07:30:34 PM »
Aw, hope someone can put your mind at rest, no advice as Odie sleeps like the proverbial log (so silent I need to check on him ::))  Odie sends Jeff lots of cocker kisses :luv: :-*
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »
Jeff sounds like Louie  ::) I haven't worried too much as in all other ways he's fine but since he had a routing visit to the vets this week, I asked her to check him over and he was fine.  It's obviously another of his little foibles.

Hope Jeff is OK

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »
Thanks for these comments. His gums are quite dark pink. I think I'll keep a close eye and if anything changes take him to the vet. Thnak you JaspersMum for your reassurance.