Author Topic: Food help - am getting confused !!  (Read 857 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Food help - am getting confused !!
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:44:33 AM »
I have decided to try Dennis (and Ruby  as it's easier) on a gluten free diet to try and ease his ear problems  :-\  He is currently on Barking Heads Lamb and Rice and I was going to change him to the Barking Heads Fusspot Salmon and Potato but this contains oats.... Oats have gluten though ??  And am I right in thinking rice has gluten too ?  They also have Naturediet which also contains rice - do I need to go grain free to go gluten free ?? Some of the gluten free brands contain Beet Pulp which I thought wasn't good either??   :huh:
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline mooching

Re: Food help - am getting confused !!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »
Oats and rice don't contain gluten. If oats are processed with other grains, there is a slight possibility that they may be tainted with a miniscule amount of gluten from the other grains, but they don't themselves contain gluten, and nor does rice. So you can relax!  ;) :D

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:00:14 AM »
Thank you !  :-*
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »

Jessie has the BH Salmon and potato and loves it. Along with using Thornit's we have managed to keep the ear infections at bay. SSHH quickly touches wood ;)   Also keeping the hair round the ear opening short helps.