Author Topic: New pc help please.  (Read 930 times)

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
New pc help please.
« on: May 18, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »
Hi all, we are getting a new pc this week, awaiting delivery. My question is , we have a BT wireless homehub (latest edition), this computer being 9yrs old obviously isn't wireless enabled so is connected to the hub and phoneline. The new pc is wireless so will I be able to move this pc upstairs with the homehub etc and be able to receive the wireless connection downstairs with the new pc. Also we have laptops wirelessly connected to the homehub at certain times (when kids are using them) will the hub be able to cope with all the connections, will it slow things down? I assured my OH that we would be able to do all the above, but now I am unsure. Just really want to get rid of this old pc upstairs and have a new sleek all in one with no wires and blasted tower. Any help much appreciated.
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Juno

Re: New pc help please.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »
Hi Bajoleth,

I too have one of the latest BT HomeHubs and a wireless-enabled PC.  The HomeHub is downstairs by the phone (I hate trailing cables!) and my PC is upstairs in the study - no problems!  You'll need your wireless key/password to get the new PC connected to the internet the very first time you use it. 

You shouldn't have any problems with multiple wireless connections to the hub although if the kids are on a download-spree you might notice the connection slowing a little ;).  I've found the HomeHub to be pretty reliable...

Good luck!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Re: New pc help please.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »
Sorry only just seen your reply, you were right easypeasy to set up and happily running various computers from it ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty