Author Topic: Computer is slower than slow :o(  (Read 1012 times)

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Computer is slower than slow :o(
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:13:45 PM »
Help! (again ph34r)

My laptop is slower than slow when trying to access websites  >:D - I think it's something to do with the router / broadband as OH's is the same and the iphones are struggling too. Is there anything I can do to speed things up? I recently phoned BT requesting to upgrade to the Broadband infinity service, but the engineer isn't due for another fortnight. I was emailed to remove the internet phone off the router set up - which I've done, but all the computers in the house seem to be on a 'go slow' - we can't access youtube, threads on col with photos and it takes about 5 mins for facebook to load up  >:D I am desperately in need  of reliable internet access - I've got 3 essays for my 3rd year of my degree to hand in in a fortnight  ph34r
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Computer is slower than slow :o(
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »
OH said you've probably done it already but have you tried re setting the router (turn off router for 5 mins or so Or press re set button if there is one)
also you could try, if laptop etc is wireless, plugging it directly in to router to see if that might help until BT sort your infinity service.
you can also check what speed your broadband is on  www.speedtest.net 

sorry if you've already tried these things Sam .......must be a blurry nuisance for you especially with such important work that needs doing - hope you get it sorted  ;)
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:37:01 PM »
We've got faster internet back  :D :cool4: :cool4: :cool4:

I tried all that Mr P suggested, and found that DS had plugged his PS3 into the router on the eithernet cable rather than running it off the wifi  >:D

The Sony network has been hacked and is off line at the mo, but having removed the ps3 and reset the router- we can have t'internet that works again  :D

Just got some essay writing to do now  ph34r
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:23:16 PM »
 ;)

please in some ways but means you can get back to your essay now  :012: 
to ease the upset you could always think up a dastardly plan to get your DS back  mwhahahahahaha :011:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!