Author Topic: Silly but dont know how much to feed Toby!  (Read 621 times)

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
Silly but dont know how much to feed Toby!
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »
Toby is 8 months old. After a recent tummy upset when vet suggested a gentle meat and biscuit combo.

Since then he has really enjoyed this so we have continued it. So now he is loving his Chappie with a few James Wellb biscuits on top.

But I dont know how much to feed him - the tin says a large tin per day but that is about £1.20? Does that sound about right?

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Re: Silly but dont know how much to feed Toby!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »
I fed Quinn Chappie when I was waiting for a dog food delivery as had completely ran out, he only has gluten free.     He had a big tin per day, half in morning and half in the evening.    I don't think he was too impressed going back to completely dry food as he loved Chappie. 

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
One of the fat tins? Poor Vegas only got a third of a normal sized can twice a day  ph34r
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »
This is what I cant work out as the big tin says 1 and abit tins a day!

Bit confused on his feeding as sort of tumbled into this wet food after his upset tummy but he does seem to enjoy it?!!

Offline Anita D

• Dog Walker Cheltenham & Tewkesbury
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:09:57 PM »
I feed raw so not sure if this applies but the guidelines I have been given are 4-6% of body weight for pups until 9 months and then 2-3% of body weight thereafter.

My 14 week old's food weighed out looks loads!
Dog Walker in Cheltenham & Tewkesbury.  Owned by Paddy & Fergus

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:28:56 PM »
This is what I cant work out as the big tin says 1 and abit tins a day!

Bit confused on his feeding as sort of tumbled into this wet food after his upset tummy but he does seem to enjoy it?!!

Found this

Serve at room temperature. 20kg Dog - 1 Can/day, 40kg Dog - 1 ½ Can/day, 50kg Dog - 2 Can/day, 60kg Dog - 2 ½ Can/day
Feeding guide for a healthy adult dog
The quantities shown are for guidance only. An individual dog's needs will vary accordind to other factors, like breed, level of activity and weather conditions. The table above indicates typical daily requirements. Less active dogs may need up to 20% less than the amounts shown and very active dogs may need up to 50% more. Chappie® is a complete pet food for adult dogs. A bowl of fresh water should be available at all times.

1.5 tins is a bit too much, looks like I was overfeeding Quinn with 1 can a day - he didn't complain  :005:

Must admit, I've never weighed his dry food either, I just feed by eye.    1 Can seemed right for him and if he went on it again, I'd still give him 1 Can a day unless of course he looked porky.